Re: ID please

Dinesh Valke

Sep 1, 2009, 5:44:30 AM9/1/09
to Rutuja Dhamale, indiantreepix
... Capparis zeylanica ... commonly known as: Ceylon caper • Bengali: kalokera • Gujarati: kakhbilado, karrallura • Hindi: ardanda, jhiris • Kannada: ಮುಳ್ಳುಕತ್ತರಿ mullukattari, totulla • Konkani: वाघांटी vaghamti • Malayalam: karthotti • Marathi: गोविंदी govindi, कडूवाघांटी kaduvaghanti, वाघांटी vaghanti • Nepalese: ban kera • Punjabi: heens • Rajasthani: gitoranj • Sanskrit: करम्भ karambha, तपसप्रिय tapasapriya, व्याघ्रनखी vyaghra nakhi • Tamil: ஆதொண்டை atontai, காற்றோட்டி karrotti • Telugu: ఆరుదొండ arudonda

Regards.

On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 1:57 PM, Rutuja Dhamale <rutuja....@gmail.com> wrote:
Place: Tamhini
Season: Summer
It was found near the dry stream of water

dilip bhattacharyya

Sep 4, 2009, 1:59:23 AM9/4/09
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear Sri Garg,
This is a plant that grows wild in Kolkata, but I do not know its name, common or botanical. Can you please help?
Dilip Bhattacharyya.

> Climbing fig - 1 new
> --------------------
> Ficus pumila with anchoring or clinging roots, Kaziranga, Assam - Mon, Jul 13
> 2009 7:34 am
> 1 message, 1 author
> http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix/t/8faf65b32741bfff?hl=en
>

> An orchid for i.d. - 1 new
> --------------------------
> An epiphytic orchid from Nameri Resrve Forest for i.d. - Mon, Jul 13 2009 7:38
> am
> 1 message, 1 author
> http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix/t/35d178cd2d780b81?hl=en
>

> For ID050609ET113 - 1 new
> -------------------------
> Hi, Thiru ji, It appears like *Pyracantha crenulata* (Nepalese Firethorn) as
> per Concise Flowers of the Himalaya & as per links: [link] (pix), [link] (pix),
> [link]<[link]> - Mon, Jul 13 2009 7:51 am
> 1 message, 1 author
> http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix/t/323ed8e69c67e086?hl=en
>

> Fwd: [indiantreepix:13100] A tree for i.d. - 2 new
> Forwarding again for Id help pl. ---------- Forwarded message ---------- ...To:
> indiantreepix <indian...@googlegroups.co m> A small tree from Bhalukpong ,
> Assam .I.d. requested -- With regards, J.M.Garg [link]'Creating awareness of
> Indian Flora & Fauna' - Mon, Jul 13 2009 7:57 am
> 2 messages , 2 authors
> http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix/t/725536029b97c6cb?hl=en
>

> an Elder? - 1 new
> -----------------
> Is it Sambucus nigra? From Dirang , A.P. Alt- 6000 ft. - Mon, Jul 13 2009 8:02
> am
> 1 message, 1 author
> http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix/t/6ea4e2cb7ce724be?hl=en
>

> Fwd: [indiantreepix:12932] ID-DKB122 - 2 new
> Thanks, Prashant ji & Pankaj ji. To me it appears like *Anisomeles indica*, as
> per details from Indiantreepix Database: *Anisomeles indica (syn. A. ovata,
> Nepeta indica, Phlomis indica) * *Lamiaceae* *MALABAR CATMINT, Indian Catmint,
> Chodhara, Gopali, KABLING-PARANG, Kala bhangra, Gobara, Thoiding angouba,
> Chedayan, adabeera, - Mon, Jul 13 2009 8:27 am
> 2 messages , 2 authors
> http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix/t/9de5463e4fb119ad?hl=en
>

> Fwd: [indiantreepix:12962] For ID060609ET116 - 3 new
> Very typical shape the sepals. Forwarding again for Id help pl. or any clues. -
> --------- Forwarded message ---------- ...To: indiantreepix <indiantreepix@
> googlegroups.co m> Friends I took this flower picture while trekking from 2100
> metre level to 2800 metre level at Great Himalayan National Park on - Mon, Jul
> 13 2009 9:39 am
> 3 messages , 2 authors
> http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix/t/4187a45285656113?hl=en
>

> For ID060609ET117 - 1 new
> -------------------------
> Hi, Thiru ji, I think it's Geranium wallichianum as per details from
> [...]

Date India’s Teen Diva. Find out if you hit it off with her or are her fiery opposite. Drag n’ drop
62a.jpg

ajinkya gadave

Sep 4, 2009, 2:14:56 AM9/4/09
to dilip bhattacharyya, indian...@googlegroups.com
hello dilip jee
this is
Senna alata, Cassia alata
Family: Caesalpinioideae / Caesalpiniaceae
Empress candle plant, Candle Bush, Carrion Crow Bush, Candlesticks

thanks
ajinkya

Very showy branching shrub or small tree with yellow candle-like flowers and bright green dense foliage. Prefers open areas and sunlight. Often grown as an ornamental. Medicinal use: antibacterial potency, antifungal activity of flowers that has been used for a long time for the treatment of tinea versicolor and ringworm infections.

Nayan Singh

Sep 4, 2009, 2:08:43 AM9/4/09
to dilip bhattacharyya, indiantreepix
...........Cassia alata.
thanks

N.S.Dungriyal IFS
Chief Conservator of Forests
and Field Director
Satpura Tiger Reserve Hoshangabad
M.P.
09424792100

Sep 4, 2009, 11:00:16 AM9/4/09
to Nayan Singh, dilip bhattacharyya, indiantreepix
Yes Nayan ji, you are correct
common English name candle bush, because of its compact bright inflorescence. Winged pods are characteristic. It was once very commonly cultivated  in Delhi University campus and other areas. Strangely it is slowly disappearing in cultivation.

Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Associate Professor
SGTB Khalsa College
University of Delhi, Delhi