Habenaria roxburghii syn H platyphylla

J.M. Garg

Aug 26, 2008, 10:07:13 PM8/26/08
to indiantreepix
On 17/8/08 in Talakona forest, AP. Here is a link for its details: http://thakshana.nsf.ac.lk/pdf/JNSF26-34/JNSF33_4/JNSF33_4_273.pdf
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg
"We often ignore the beauty around us"
For my Birds, Butterflies, Trees, Landscape pictures etc., visit http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/J.M.Garg
Habenaria roxburghii syn H platyphylla in Talakona forest, AP I IMG_8591.jpg
Habenaria roxburghii syn H platyphylla leaves in Talakona forest, AP I IMG_8592.jpg

satish phadke

Aug 27, 2008, 12:11:55 AM8/27/08
to J.M. Garg, indiantreepix
Excellent find of this small beauty.
Satish

J.M. Garg

Aug 27, 2008, 9:26:03 AM8/27/08
to Vaishali Kulkarni, indiantreepix
Shrikant ji in his "Flowers of Sahyadri's" state it to occur occasionally in scrub forests in southern Plains.

On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 2:45 PM, Vaishali Kulkarni <vai...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello Gargji,

Thank you for the details on this plant.

I had spent my childhood in Sarata (near Pune) in Maharashtra. The whole area, around our colony was open space, with rocky area and small streams of water in monsoon. In monsoon, the area used to be full with Habenaria. It used to be very pleasant to walk through them. I remember it having some lite aroma also.
I had also tried that time, to grow it at home, but couldn't succeed.

I checked the link from your mail. But the document does not refer to finding this species in Maharashtra, where as I have seen in Satara, Kolhapur also upto Belguam. Are you aware of any other information about this species? I will be very much interested to know more about it.

Regards,
Vaishali.

J.M. Garg

Aug 27, 2008, 9:38:12 AM8/27/08
to indiantreepix
Forwarding pl.

Thank you for the details on this plant.

I had spent my childhood in Sarata (near Pune) in Maharashtra. The whole area, around our colony was open space, with rocky area and small streams of water in monsoon. In monsoon, the area used to be full with Habenaria. It used to be very pleasant to walk through them. I remember it having some lite aroma also.
I had also tried that time, to grow it at home, but couldn't succeed.

I checked the link from your mail. But the document does not refer to finding this species in Maharashtra, where as I have seen in Satara, Kolhapur also upto Belguam. Are you aware of any other information about this species? I will be very much interested to know more about it.

Regards,
Vaishali.

On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 7:37 AM, J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com> wrote:
Message has been deleted

Yazdy Palia

Oct 8, 2010, 12:41:13 AM10/8/10
to Pankaj Kumar, indiantreepix
I guess you have forgotten to attach the Picture Pankaj ji.
Regards
Yazdy.

On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 11:16 PM, Pankaj Kumar <sahani...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Habenaria roxburghii Nicolson, Fl. Hassan Distr.: 834 (1976).
>
> Synonyms:
> Orchis roxburghii Pers., Syn. Pl. 2: 503 (1807), nom. superfl.
> Orchis plantaginea Roxb., Pl. Coromandel 1: 32 (1795).
> Orchis platyphyllos Willd., Sp. Pl. 4: 11 (1805), nom. superfl.
> Habenaria platyphylla Spreng., Syst. Veg. 3: 690 (1826), nom. superfl.
> Gymnadenia plantaginea (Roxb.) Lindl. ex Wall., Numer. List: 7053 (1832).
> Orchis tenuis Rottler ex Wall., Numer. List: 7053 (1832), nom. inval.
>
> Family: Orchidaceae
> Location: Maharastra
> Contributor: Vaishali Kulkarni
> Note: This is endemic to India.
>

> --
> "TAXONOMISTS GETTING EXTINCT AND SPECIES DATA DEFICIENT !!"
>

> Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
> Research Associate
> Greater Kailash Sacred Landscape Project
> Department of Habitat Ecology
> Wildlife Institute of India
> Post Box # 18
> Dehradun - 248001, India

Pankaj Kumar

Oct 8, 2010, 1:09:39 AM10/8/10
to indiantreepix

Dinesh Valke

Oct 8, 2010, 1:15:42 AM10/8/10
to Yazdy Palia, Pankaj Kumar, indiantreepix
Yazdi ji, posts without attachments are in response to some earlier threads of Orchids.
Pankaj ji, putting links to respective threads will be useful.

Regards.

Pankaj Kumar

Oct 8, 2010, 1:17:26 AM10/8/10
to Dinesh Valke, Yazdy Palia, indiantreepix

Smita Raskar

Oct 8, 2010, 3:39:41 AM10/8/10
to Pankaj Kumar, indiantreepix
where is picture?
--
Smita raskar
308 Disha Residency,

Pankaj Kumar

Oct 8, 2010, 3:44:12 AM10/8/10
to Smita Raskar, indiantreepix

Smita Raskar

Oct 8, 2010, 3:58:17 AM10/8/10
to Pankaj Kumar, indiantreepix
sorry but could not see there on tht link too can you plz upload again? i want to see

Pankaj Kumar

Oct 8, 2010, 4:03:30 AM10/8/10
to Smita Raskar, indiantreepix
Habenaria+roxburghii+syn+H+platyphylla+in+Talakona+forest,+AP+I+IMG_8591.jpg
Habenaria+roxburghii+syn+H+platyphylla+leaves+in+Talakona+forest,+AP+I+IMG_8592.jpg

Smita Raskar

Oct 8, 2010, 4:08:48 AM10/8/10
to Pankaj Kumar, indiantreepix
Thanks