Albizia odoratissima - रान शिरीष / काळा शिरीष

J.M. Garg

Mar 28, 2009, 11:58:49 PM3/28/09
to indiantreepix
Below given is a request from Swagat ji in a different thread. May I request members to post pictures, details etc. for discussion.

"Hi all,

I have heard about some other species also....

1) Albizia odoratissima - रान शिरीष / काळा शिरीष
Would like to know more about it.

Regards,
~Swagat"

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Mar 30, 2009, 4:53:36 AM3/30/09
to indiantreepix
It is particularly popular in North-east India and Bangladesh. About 75% of total tea shade trees in Bangladesh are of this species as per link for Albizia odoratissima: http://www.winrock.org/fnrm/factnet/factpub/FACTSH/ALODOR.HTM (good details with an illustration),

Swagat

Apr 1, 2009, 2:20:02 AM4/1/09
to J.M. Garg, indiantreepix
Thanks a lot Garg ji,