tree for ID A

Samarpan Tracy

Jul 18, 2009, 6:19:06 AM7/18/09
to indian...@googlegroups.com
wonder if anyone can help ID this tree from a park in Pune; my guess is banyan ..!??

Regards
Amano
AMANO tree for ID A 20090717-Osho Teerth Park-_MG_8946.jpg

J.M. Garg

Aug 9, 2009, 3:40:49 AM8/9/09
to indiantreepix, Samarpan Tracy

Forwarding again for Id assistance pl.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

AMANO tree for ID A 20090717-Osho Teerth Park-_MG_8946.jpg

Yazdy Palia

Aug 9, 2009, 1:14:28 PM8/9/09
to J.M. Garg, indiantreepix, Samarpan Tracy
Dear Friends,
This seems to be one of those parasitic trees that has strangled some
other tree and has taken its place. In the past somebody had called it
some ficus ------Though the picture of the leaves is not very clear.
Regards
Yazdy Palia.

J.M. Garg

Aug 9, 2009, 10:21:25 PM8/9/09
to Yazdy Palia, indiantreepix, Samarpan Tracy
Certainly a Ficus species, may Ficus religiosa- Peepal

Gurcharan Singh

Aug 10, 2009, 7:21:03 AM8/10/09
to Yazdy Palia, J.M. Garg, indiantreepix, Samarpan Tracy
It is a Ficus, but nothing more from such a distance.

Gurcharan Singh

Dr. Pankaj Kumar

Aug 26, 2009, 3:25:49 PM8/26/09
to indiantreepix
Ficus racemosa may be!!

On Aug 10, 4:21 pm, "Gurcharan Singh" <sin...@sify.com> wrote:
> It is a Ficus, but nothing more from such a distance.
>
> Gurcharan Singh

Pardeshi S.

Aug 27, 2009, 2:04:47 AM8/27/09
to indiantreepix
Hello all
Ficus religiosa and F. racemosa does not have such aerial roots. i
feel it is more closer to F. microcarpa.
However, a closeup of leaves and hypanthodium would be great aid for
correct ID.

regards
Satish Pardeshi