303 ID wild plant

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Apr 25, 2022, 4:25:50 AM4/25/22
to efloraofindia
Please ID wild plant, kind regards, Sam

Location: near Reserve Forest, Chathamattom, Ernakulam District, (Kochi) Kerala PIN:686671

Altitude: 1400fsl

Flower date: 27.03.2022, 01.50pm

Habitat: wild, moisture, wasteland, growing as plant fencing

Plant habit: creeping/erect/obliquely, branches, weak cylindrical zig-zag stem 01.5cm base diameter, latex, perennial

Height: 03 feet

Leaves: alternate, ovate, apex, soft fleshy, glossy, wavy margins, latex, size:12×6cm

Flower: terminous racemose, clustered, size:02×0.4×0.3mm, pink, non fragrant

Fruit:

Seed:

Camera: CANON EOS1500D +rr
303 Identify wild plant
20220327135035_IMG_2133.JPG
20220327135706_IMG_2148.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Apr 25, 2022, 4:31:49 AM4/25/22
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20220301124417_IMG_1434.JPG
20220327135850_IMG_2154.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Apr 25, 2022, 4:36:51 AM4/25/22
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20220327135809_IMG_2152.JPG
20220327140002_IMG_2156.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Apr 25, 2022, 4:37:34 AM4/25/22
to efloraindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu, J.M. Garg
Euphorbia tithymaloides L.
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Apr 25, 2022, 4:39:18 AM4/25/22
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20220301124553_IMG_1446.JPG
20220301124715_IMG_1448.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Apr 25, 2022, 4:45:07 AM4/25/22
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia, J.M. Garg
Sharing more images
20220301124538_IMG_1445.JPG
20220301124623_IMG_1447.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Apr 25, 2022, 4:49:26 AM4/25/22
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia, J.M. Garg
Yes, it is Pedilanthus tithymaloides, dear Saroj ji, thank you very much for ID my plant.  Sharing an image, with kind regards, Sam.
20220301124731_IMG_1449.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Apr 25, 2022, 4:58:25 AM4/25/22
to Sam Kuzhalanattu, efloraindia, J.M. Garg
Yes ! That is syn.

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Mahadeswara

Apr 25, 2022, 7:51:42 AM4/25/22
to efloraofindia
Yes.  It is a cultivated plant especially for hedges.  I have this plant in my home garden.

J.M. Garg

Apr 25, 2022, 8:56:53 PM4/25/22
to efloraofindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu
Thanks, Sam ji, for the wonderful images.
But I think, it is not wild.
--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Apr 26, 2022, 12:05:22 AM4/26/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Dear Garg ji, Saroj ji, all Members,
Thank you very much for ID my plant and the great appreciation.  Here it is growing as wild, with kind regards, Sam.