Alternanthera sp for id-31-3-10 Panipat

Balkar Arya

Mar 31, 2010, 9:20:35 PM3/31/10
to indiantreepix, tab...@gmail.com
Dear All
Alternanthera sp for id pls

Photo- 31-3-10 Lohari (Panipat)
small branched, prostrate herb with sessile opposite leaves leaves and sessile inflorescence

Regards
Balkar Singh
Alternanthera 1 from Lohari 31-3-10.jpg
Alternanthera 2 from Lohari 31-3-10.jpg
Alternanthera from Lohari 31-3-10.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Mar 31, 2010, 10:48:36 PM3/31/10
to Balkar Arya, indiantreepix, tab...@gmail.com
Balkar ji
It appears to me as Alternanthera sessilis.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

tanay bose

Apr 1, 2010, 12:26:59 AM4/1/10
to Gurcharan Singh, Balkar Arya, indiantreepix, tab...@gmail.com
Dear Balkar Ji,
I also think this plant is Alternanthera sessilis (Linn.) DC., Cat. Hort. Monsp. 77. 1813. Hook. f., Fl. Brit. Ind. 4: 731. 1885; Stewart, Ann. Cat. Vasc. PI. W. Pakistan: 229. 1972; Aellen in Rech. f., Fl. Iranica Lf. 91: 18. 1972.

Synonym: Alternanthera nodiflora, Alternanthera repens, Gomphrena sessilis, Illecebrum sessile

Family: Amaranthaceae

This is a very common weed in West Bengal and found growing in damp soils ubiquitously.

Regards
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose