Kid, Tulip tree seed dispersal and making a princess slipper

raghu ananth

Mar 24, 2021, 6:43:43 AM3/24/21
to indiantreepix
Today morning..
 Daughter Nesara to me "Come to the terrace with the camera. I will show you something."

 Then showing her foot ..
She says .
 "This is my  Cinderella Princess slippers.,"
How is it. "

I said "Very cool. You are quite creative"

Come March, the African Tulip tree's (stands majestically  opposite to our home)  seedpods  will burst and open.
Squirrel, Birds like the green  Barbett, bulbul, parakeet,myna, Koel congregate  from a week,  morning to evening to  eat the seeds inside the seed pod.   Many other birds join and hover over the seedpods and  on the tree branches.

When the wind blows fast, or the birds dig the seedpods  piles of tulip seeds with thin transparent membrane  float and sway  into  our gates and on the terrace.
 Then in the terrace, when  a small breeze came up again, it sweeps and swirls  the weightless  seeds into a corner.

Nesara now stands on the whirling tulip seed pile and pours water on  her feet. Some of the seeds stick around the leg on its own.

That's how she got her new  princess

 Cinderella slipper .

Isn't it a wonderful thought and act by  Nesara.

Gurcharan Singh

Mar 24, 2021, 10:31:33 PM3/24/21
to efloraofindia
Beautiful click Raghu ji.

J.M. Garg

Mar 25, 2021, 10:29:56 AM3/25/21
to efloraofindia, raghu ananth, raghu ananth
Thanks, Raghu ji,
Wonderful story like the ones your shared earlier.
--
With regards,
J. M. Garg