botanical latin

ushadi Micromini

Jul 29, 2011, 8:17:33 AM7/29/11
to efloraofindia
Are there any nice dictionary size (relatively small, not humongous like encyclopedia )
book// text book about botanical latin...
that explains  // dfines botanical latin nouns and verbs , adjectives.. conjoined wordes used to name and or define botanical binomials and describe the plant parts ...
thanks
Usha di

Mohan V. Chunkath

Jul 29, 2011, 9:50:02 AM7/29/11
to efloraofindia
If you are looking for an online dictionary, please look at
http://davesgarden.com/guides/botanary/
Regards,
Mohan

On Jul 29, 5:17 pm, ushadi Micromini <microminipho...@gmail.com>

Dr Pankaj Kumar

Jul 29, 2011, 12:34:37 PM7/29/11
to efloraofindia
Someone sent me a link to pdf of Botanical Latin by Stern.
It is one of the most comprehensive book for latin.
The book in hard copy is available at Bisen Singh Mahendra Pal Singh,
Dehradun if you need.
Regards
Pankaj

On Jul 29, 6:50 pm, "Mohan V. Chunkath" <mohan.chunk...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> If you are looking for an online dictionary, please look athttp://davesgarden.com/guides/botanary/

Ushadi micromini

Jul 29, 2011, 9:07:44 PM7/29/11
to efloraofindia

Dear Pankaj:
let me try oxford books here,
in the meantime can you tell me if you know the price?
thank you very much
usha di
=======

Ushadi micromini

Jul 29, 2011, 9:09:10 PM7/29/11
to efloraofindia
Dear Mohan: i have been using Dave's garden site almost since its
inception way back when...
thanks....

BUT I NEED/want a real book on my hands ...

Usha di
=========

wrote:
> If you are looking for an online dictionary, please look athttp://davesgarden.com/guides/botanary/

Balkar Arya

Aug 1, 2011, 3:04:31 AM8/1/11
to Ushadi micromini, efloraofindia
Dear All
link to Botanical Latin Book by William T. Stearn 292 pages
or
Enjoy
--
Regards