Potato Creeper - and Plant ID request

Sushmita Jha

Apr 14, 2009, 1:24:28 AM4/14/09
to indiantreepix
Hello all,

I searched for this creeper brought from Shimla and now flowering in my South Delhi terrace garden. It is called Solanum jasminoides from the Solanaceae or nightshade family. Would welcome any alternative view.

Am also attaching two photos of a plant growing in my garden for which I couldnt find the id. It flowered last year too and has a very vanilla-like fragrance. Would appreciate ID help.

Many thanks.
Sushmita Jha
Potato Creeper-Home, CRPark-14Apr09 .jpg
UN-ID Plant-Home, CRPark-14Apr09 .jpg
UN-ID Bud-Home, CRPark-14Apr09 .jpg

Nudrat

Apr 15, 2009, 5:58:55 AM4/15/09
to indiantreepix
Hello

I am not very sure but the plant in second and third pictures could be
Talauma from Magnoliacaea.
>  Potato Creeper-Home, CRPark-14Apr09 .jpg
> 77KViewDownload
>
>  UN-ID Plant-Home, CRPark-14Apr09 .jpg
> 97KViewDownload
>
>  UN-ID Bud-Home, CRPark-14Apr09 .jpg
> 68KViewDownload

Sushmita Jha

Apr 15, 2009, 6:00:16 AM4/15/09
to Nudrat, indiantreepix
Thank you, Nudrat. Any other view?
Sushmita

Satish Phadke

Oct 9, 2009, 10:42:35 AM10/9/09
to indiantreepix Indian
Resurfacing again for ID
--

http:// satishphadke.blogspot.com
Potato Creeper-Home, CRPark-14Apr09 .jpg
UN-ID Plant-Home, CRPark-14Apr09 .jpg
UN-ID Bud-Home, CRPark-14Apr09 .jpg

Dr Gurcharan Singh

Oct 9, 2009, 11:07:32 AM10/9/09
to Satish Phadke, indiantreepix Indian
Satish ji
Solanum jasminoides seems to be alright
The other two photos are not clear

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Associate Professor, Department of Botany, SGTB Khalsa College

Satish Phadke

Oct 9, 2009, 11:10:36 AM10/9/09
to Dr Gurcharan Singh, indiantreepix Indian
Thanks Gurcharan ji.

Dr Gurcharan Singh

Oct 10, 2009, 3:23:30 AM10/10/09
to Satish Phadke, indiantreepix Indian
Satish ji
That day I confirmed your identification on the basis of photographs and description from books. Today I had a chance to photograph Solanum jasminoides here in California, further confirming your identification.