Sapindus flowering

Satish Phadke

Nov 5, 2009, 10:24:26 AM11/5/09
to indiantreepix Indian
In Pune I have observed early flowering of Sapindus species at many places. The flowers are tiny and difficult to photograph.
If anybody is interested in capture the pictures one can explore the known areas.
Last year I observed the flowering from Jan to March or so.
The Leaves have 3 pairs of leaflets. The species may be Sapindus laurifolius or Mukoronii
Dr Satish Phadke
Sapindus sp2.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Nov 5, 2009, 12:21:12 PM11/5/09
to Satish Phadke, indiantreepix Indian
The plant seems to have 3 pairs of leaflets and acute leaflets. So S. trifoliatus L. (S. laurifolius Vahl.) is logical identification.

Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Associate Professor
SGTB Khalsa College
University of Delhi, Delhi
India
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45

Dr Santhosh Kumar

Nov 6, 2009, 3:26:26 AM11/6/09
to Gurcharan Singh, Satish Phadke, indiantreepix Indian
Supporting Gurcharan Sir. It is Sapindus trifoliatus L.

Santhosh

2009/11/5 Gurcharan Singh <sin...@sify.com>
Tropical Botanic Garden and Research Institute, Palode
Thiruvananthapuram-695562
Kerala
India
www.drsanthosh.wetpaint.com