ID Tree

Satish Chile

Apr 13, 2010, 5:52:21 AM4/13/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear All
This photograph was sent by some to ID tree. To me it look like Erythrina sp. Indian Coral tree. Please Confirm..

--
Dr. Satish Kumar Chile
BHB_5841.JPG

Gurcharan Singh

Apr 13, 2010, 6:04:58 AM4/13/10
to Satish Chile, indian...@googlegroups.com
I suppose Erythrina variegata

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

tanay bose

Apr 13, 2010, 8:38:22 AM4/13/10
to Gurcharan Singh, Satish Chile, indian...@googlegroups.com
I think gurcharan ji is right !!!! this plant can be Erythrina variegata
Tanay

--
Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)

Satish Chile

Apr 13, 2010, 8:52:36 AM4/13/10
to tanay bose, Gurcharan Singh, indian...@googlegroups.com
Thank u Gucharan ji and Tanay ji. A lot of plants are blooming these days and attracting quite a numbers of birds here in Seoni. I enjoy the scenario in the morning walk.
Satish

tanay bose

Apr 13, 2010, 9:23:21 AM4/13/10
to Satish Chile, Gurcharan Singh, indian...@googlegroups.com
WELCOME SATISH JI, TANAY

Dinesh Valke

Apr 13, 2010, 10:29:23 AM4/13/10
to tanay bose, Satish Chile, Gurcharan Singh, indian...@googlegroups.com
... such a sight reminds me of Acrocarpus fraxinifolius ... any chance ?
Regards.

Satish Phadke

Apr 13, 2010, 11:01:34 AM4/13/10
to Satish Chile, indian...@googlegroups.com
I think it is some Grevillea species may be Grevillea Honey Gem which also attracts parakeets.
Dr Phadke

Parjanya guru

Apr 13, 2010, 11:39:06 AM4/13/10
to Satish Phadke, Satish Chile, indian...@googlegroups.com
Any chance for Erythrina stricta var. suberosa..???
--
  With regards,
  Parjanya Guru

Dinesh Valke

Apr 13, 2010, 11:42:14 AM4/13/10
to Parjanya guru, Satish Phadke, Satish Chile, indian...@googlegroups.com
...Parjanya ji, for sure, not Erythrina stricta var. suberosa
Regards.

Prashant awale

Apr 13, 2010, 12:20:19 PM4/13/10
to Dinesh Valke, Parjanya guru, Satish Phadke, Satish Chile, indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear Friends,
I too think that this is not Erythrina stricta var. suberosa. I agree with Dinesh, this looks like  Acrocarpus fraxinifolius. Do have a look at following link..

http://www.flowersofindia.net/extrapics/Pink%20Cedar-1.jpg

regards
Prashant

Gurcharan Singh

Apr 13, 2010, 12:29:38 PM4/13/10
to Prashant awale, Dinesh Valke, Parjanya guru, Satish Phadke, Satish Chile, indian...@googlegroups.com
Yes Prashant ji
Your link prompted me to have relook at original photo. It clearly has pinnate compound leaves in younger stage, so it can't be Erythrina at all. It could be Acrocarpus fraxinifolius.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Dinesh Valke

Apr 13, 2010, 12:59:45 PM4/13/10
to Parjanya guru, Satish Phadke, Satish Chile, indian...@googlegroups.com
Parjanya ji ... just felt was too blunt in saying NOT for your query of E. stricta var. suberosa
Reason: the branches are full of thorns, and the spectacular blooms appear like hemispheres of fire.

Regards.

Navendu

Apr 13, 2010, 11:46:30 PM4/13/10
to efloraofindia
Its Acrocarpus for sure

navendu

On Apr 13, 9:59 pm, Dinesh Valke <dinesh.va...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Parjanya ji ... just felt was too blunt in saying NOT for your query of *E.
> stricta* var. *suberosa*

> Reason: the branches are full of thorns, and the spectacular blooms appear
> like hemispheres of fire.
>
> Regards.
>

> On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 9:12 PM, Dinesh Valke <dinesh.va...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> > ...Parjanya ji, for sure, not *Erythrina stricta var. suberosa *
> > Regards.
>
> > On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 9:09 PM, Parjanya guru <gurooji1...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> >> Any chance for *Erythrina stricta var. suberosa..???*

> >> --
> >>   With regards,
> >>   Parjanya Guru
> >> +919738723392
>
> >> --

> >> indiantreepi...@googlegroups.com<indiantreepix%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>

Satish Chile

Apr 14, 2010, 4:15:01 AM4/14/10
to Navendu, efloraofindia
 The link put me in dilemma. But I also agree with Acrocarpus fraxinifolius. As the spike matches with those of photographs. However, the same number of parrots are sitting in the Erythirna tree too now a days.
Satish

Dr. Satish Kumar Chile

Satish Chile

Apr 15, 2010, 12:48:19 AM4/15/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Humming bird enjoys the drop of nector. May be a member of Bignoniaceae. Pl. ID Tree.
NE_2010_03_16_8598.JPG
NE_2010_03_16_8639.JPG
NE_2010_03_16_8642.JPG

Gurcharan Singh

Apr 15, 2010, 1:02:03 AM4/15/10
to Satish Chile, indian...@googlegroups.com
Tree looks to be Gmelina arborea

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Satish Chile

Apr 15, 2010, 1:18:41 AM4/15/10
to Gurcharan Singh, indian...@googlegroups.com
Thank u Gurcharan ji. I.ve yet not seen Gmelina arborea in flowring. But I know in march it sheds its leaves. A member of Verbinaceae.
Satish

Satish Phadke

Apr 15, 2010, 9:08:44 AM4/15/10
to Satish Chile, Gurcharan Singh, indian...@googlegroups.com
Gmelina arborea
Flowering at present in Pune too.
DR PHADKE

tanay bose

Apr 15, 2010, 9:10:20 AM4/15/10
to Satish Phadke, Satish Chile, Gurcharan Singh, indian...@googlegroups.com
Gmelina arborea is the best option and diagonistic to this plant
Tanay

Muthu Karthick

Apr 15, 2010, 11:34:27 AM4/15/10
to tanay bose, Satish Phadke, Satish Chile, Gurcharan Singh, indian...@googlegroups.com
The flowers looks closer to Gmelina arborea Roxb. of Verbenaceae only.
Tamil Name: Kumalaamaram, Kumizha maram

Yet are Humming birds flying in India???
I hope the bird is a Sun-bird.

Muthu Karthick, N
Junior Research Fellow
Care Earth Trust
Chennai - 61
www.careearthtrust.org

M. Sundararaman

Apr 16, 2010, 3:17:48 AM4/16/10
to chile...@gmail.com, indian...@googlegroups.com
Beautiful Bird and beautiful Flower Greetings for Baishakhi and Tamil New yearM.SUNDARARAMAN

On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 10:13:36 +0530 wrote

>Humming bird enjoys the drop of nector. May be a member of Bignoniaceae. Pl. ID Tree.
--
Dr. Satish Kumar Chile

M. Sundararaman Tel# 044--24461660;SINDHUR SEA PRINCESS
9 Coastal Road ., BESANT NAGAR; CHENNAI 600090
Until the last tree is cut;
Until the last river is dry;
Until the last fish is caught;
Until the last animal is killed;
Man willnot realise that he cannot eat money
Founder Trustee of NIZHAL,anNGO ofChennai
SeedEXNORA Senator
Founder of "FRIENDS OF NATURE"--an NGO dedicated to TREE-PLANTING in Rural India Pl contact
044- 24421545 Shri R,Subramanian

J.M. Garg

May 16, 2010, 2:01:52 AM5/16/10
to Satish Chile, indian...@googlegroups.com
A reply:
"The bird depicted is a Streaked Spiderhunter.
Cheers,
Kiran Srivastava
Mumbai"

With regards,