Grewia tiliaefolia ?

J.M. Garg

Jul 11, 2009, 10:35:42 AM7/11/09
to indiantreepix
After putting so much time by looking in different resources, I feel I have failed to get the correct Id.
On 28/6/09 in Chilkur NP in Hyderabad. With so many species of Grewia flowering with yellow flowers there, there was lot of confusion as far as identification was concerned. Forest Flora of Hyderabad State on the net (which I think is the best net resource available from any states in India) certainly helps a bit, but not always- http://forest.ap.nic.in/Forest%20Flora%20of%20Andhra%20Pradesh/Flora%20by%20M%20Sharfuddin%20Khan/Botanical%20Names/Grewia%20tiliaefolia.htm
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Grewia flavescens is it- Hyderabad I2 IMG_9430.jpg
Grewia flavescens is it- Hyderabad I IMG_9432.jpg
Grewia flavescens is it- Hyderabad I IMG_9390.jpg

Dinesh Valke

Jul 11, 2009, 10:49:59 AM7/11/09
to J.M. Garg, indiantreepix
Garg ji, GREWIAs confuse me.
Yet, what you have posted, to me seems G. asiatica ... G. tiliaefolia has large leaves (probably the largest, especially the width, among the genus), and the flowers are probably the smallest ... these are my own thoughts.
Please wait for comments.

Regards.

Dinesh Valke

Jul 11, 2009, 12:06:47 PM7/11/09
to J.M. Garg, Indian Tree Pix
I think your guess of G. damine is better and closer to what it is; perhaps it is !!

G. asiatica can grow to become a large shrub ... larger than G. damine ... but I do not know about their canopies.

eFlora references:

Regards.

On Sat, Jul 11, 2009 at 9:24 PM, J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks, Dinesh ji,
I don't think it's G. asiatica. It was a large shrub with spreading canopy.
Can it be Grewia damine syn. Grewia salvifolia as per links?: