Fwd: Malvaceae: Grewia sclerophylla Roxb.

J.M. Garg

Jan 27, 2024, 11:36:23 PMJan 27
to efloraofindia, John Parrotta
Thanks a lot, John ji

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: John Parrotta <jparr...@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2024 at 04:32
Subject: Malvaceae: Grewia sclerophylla Roxb.
To: J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com>

synonyms: Grewia scabrophylla Roxb., Grewia obliqua Roxb., Grewia sulcata Wall.

location/date: Kund village, Melghat Wildlife Sanctuary, Amravati Distr., Maharashtra, November 1994

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Feb 5, 2024, 12:50:00 AMFeb 5
to efloraofindia, John Parrotta
As the leaf base appears to be cordate, I think it is Grewia abutilifolia as per keys in Flora of Peninsular India.
Pl. see our observation at Grewia for identification :: Dec MK01
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Feb 5, 2024, 12:53:03 AMFeb 5
to efloraofindia
As the leaf base appears to be cordate, I think it is Grewia abutilifolia as per keys in Flora of Peninsular India.
Pl. see our observation at Grewia for identification :: Dec MK01

MALV_Grewia sclerophylla_jp.jpg

Kishor K C

Feb 5, 2024, 3:08:49 AMFeb 5
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Sir ji,

Appears to be G. abutilifolia

Thanks and regards

Mandru Ramesh Chowdary

Feb 5, 2024, 3:13:18 AMFeb 5
to indian...@googlegroups.com, jmg...@gmail.com

Yes! Garg sir

It's similar with G. abutilifolia

J.M. Garg

Feb 5, 2024, 3:14:17 AMFeb 5
to Kishor K C, efloraofindia, John Parrotta
Thanks a lot, Kishor ji
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg