Thunbergia for ID-160709-RK-2

ranjini kamath

Jul 16, 2009, 2:29:22 AM7/16/09
to indiatreepix
Lalbagh-Thunbergia-2.jpg

Dinesh Valke

Jul 16, 2009, 2:41:40 AM7/16/09
to ranjini kamath, indiatreepix
... most probably purple Allamanda ... Allamanda blanchetii (syn. A. violacea) OR Allamanda 'Cherries Jubilee'
Regards.

Anand Kumar Bhatt

Jul 16, 2009, 3:18:12 AM7/16/09
to Dinesh Valke, ranjini kamath, indiatreepix
Yes. I have this as a potted plant. It is a bush, but the branches need support.
The speciality is that it flowers almost through the year. Though the flower quality is not vry good during hot summer months.
akbhatt
--
Anand Kumar Bhatt
A-59, B.S.F.Colony, Airport Road

satish pardeshi

Jul 16, 2009, 4:34:35 AM7/16/09
to indiantreepix
hello all
it is Allamanda violacea Gaerdn. & Field.

the one with same big flowrs but with yellow colour is
Allamanda cathartica L. var. hendersonii Bailey

regards
Satish Pardeshi

On Jul 16, 11:29 am, ranjini kamath <ranjin...@gmail.com> wrote:
>  Lalbagh-Thunbergia-2.jpg
> 187KViewDownload

Devendra Bhardwaj

Jul 16, 2009, 9:56:21 PM7/16/09
to indiatreepix, ranjini kamath
this is a

Jul 17, 2009, 1:08:09 AM7/17/09
to indiantreepix
Hello Devendra ji
this is Allamanda violacea. (Synonym: Allamanda blanchetii)
the one with yellow big flowers is Allamanda cathartica L. var.
hendersonii Bailey (this species has big deep green leaves, and it a
scandent shrub). another species is there with yellow smaller flowers
(this species has greyish green leaves and much smaller in size) it is
called A. scotti.

regards
Satish Pardeshi

On Jul 17, 6:56 am, Devendra Bhardwaj <devendra_bhard...@yahoo.com>
wrote:
> this is a
> Allamada Cathartica

ranjini kamath

Jul 17, 2009, 4:56:15 AM7/17/09
to satish pardeshi, indiantreepix
Thank you Satish ji for the ID.
Regards
                Ranjini Kamath

Devendra Bhardwaj

Jul 17, 2009, 8:50:07 PM7/17/09
to indiantreepix, satish pardeshi
this is right Sir,
thanks

--- On Fri, 17/7/09, satish pardeshi <satishp...@gmail.com> wrote:

See the Web's breaking stories, chosen by people like you. Check out Yahoo! Buzz.