437 ID wild plant

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Apr 25, 2023, 4:26:17 AM4/25/23
to efloraofindia
Please ID wild plant, kind regards, Sam.

Location: bloomed in The HIMALAYAS at Sonamarg Jammu & Kashmir INDIA

Altitude: 8965fsl

Flower date: 13APR2023, 12.45pm

Habitat: wild snowy sloppy grassland hill

Plant habit: erect rosette unbranched, non stemmed, annual

Height: 05cm

Leaves: whorled clustered, elliptic, acute, fleshy simple, greenish purple, size:02×1cm

Flower: terminal inflorescence, diameter:09mm, violet, non fragrant

Fruit:

Seed:

Camera: CANON EOS1500D +FL10x
20230413124724_IMG_0038.JPG
20230413124849_IMG_0042.JPG
20230413124752_IMG_0039.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Apr 25, 2023, 4:58:47 AM4/25/23
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20230413124953_IMG_0049.JPG
20230413124858_IMG_0043.JPG
20230413124908_IMG_0044.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Apr 25, 2023, 5:01:35 AM4/25/23
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20230413125202_IMG_0051.JPG
20230413124923_IMG_0046.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Apr 25, 2023, 5:03:34 AM4/25/23
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20230413125133_IMG_0050.JPG
20230413124916_IMG_0045.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Apr 25, 2023, 5:04:51 AM4/25/23
to efloraofindia
Sharing an image
20230413125327_IMG_0053.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Apr 25, 2023, 6:08:15 AM4/25/23
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Sam Kuzhalanattu, J.M. Garg
Gentiana !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Apr 25, 2023, 7:45:11 AM4/25/23
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia, J.M. Garg
Yes, it is Gentiana, thank you very much for ID my plant, with kind regards, Sam.

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Apr 25, 2023, 10:02:53 AM4/25/23
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia, J.M. Garg
Yes, it is Gentiana dear Saroj ji, thank you very much for ID my plant, with kind regards, Sam.

Gurcharan Singh

Apr 29, 2023, 1:15:06 PM4/29/23
to eFloraofIndia
This seems to be Gentiana hawanensis G. Singh, which I had described in 1976. now treated as  Gentiana capitata subsp. harwanensis (G.Singh) Halda according to POWO

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Apr 30, 2023, 2:52:57 AM4/30/23
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia, J.M. Garg
Sharing images from Gulmarg which is comparatively smaller than Sonamarg plants.  With kind regards, Sam.
Flower date:12APR2023, 11.35am
Flower diameter:05mm
Height: 03cm
20230412113712_IMG_9558.JPG
20230412113727_IMG_9559.JPG

J.M. Garg

May 7, 2023, 7:19:31 AM5/7/23
to indian...@googlegroups.com, GurcharanSingh, Sam Kuzhalanattu

J.M. Garg

May 7, 2023, 7:20:14 AM5/7/23
to Sam Kuzhalanattu, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
These two images appear to be different. so posting in a separate post.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

May 7, 2023, 7:22:26 AM5/7/23
to efloraofindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu, GurcharanSingh
20230413125202_IMG_0051.JPG
20230413124923_IMG_0046.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

May 7, 2023, 8:38:17 AM5/7/23
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, GurcharanSingh
Dear Gurucharan ji, Saroj ji, Garg ji,
Yes it is very close to Gentiana hawanensis, thank you very much for ID my plant, with kind regards, Sam.

J.M. Garg

May 7, 2023, 10:18:55 AM5/7/23
to efloraofindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu, GurcharanSingh, shabir1610
Thanks, Shabir ji.
--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

May 13, 2023, 3:11:41 AM5/13/23
to efloraofindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu, GurcharanSingh, shabir1610
Why not Gentiana hawanensis as published by Gurcharan Singh ji and identified by him?
Do you think it is a syn. of G.capitata?
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Mohd Shabir

May 13, 2023, 3:31:34 AM5/13/23
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu, GurcharanSingh
I don't think so. G. harwanensis definetly not.  it is typical Gentiana capitata Buch-Ham.

J.M. Garg

May 13, 2023, 3:44:44 AM5/13/23
to Mohd Shabir, efloraofindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu, GurcharanSingh
Thanks, Shabir ji
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

May 20, 2023, 2:41:10 AM5/20/23
to Mohd Shabir, efloraofindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu, GurcharanSingh
Hi, Shabir ji,
Why does it look different from other images at
https://efloraofindia.com/2011/07/08/gentiana-capitata/?
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

May 20, 2023, 3:30:37 AM5/20/23
to Mohd Shabir, efloraofindia, GurcharanSingh, Sam Kuzhalanattu
Thanks a lot, Shabir ji

On Sat, 20 May 2023 at 12:44, Mohd Shabir <shabi...@gmail.com> wrote:
Yes, because G. capitata shows a lot of variation range....

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg