Glochidion hohenackeri and Glochidion ellipticum images in efi site

J.M. Garg

Apr 13, 2020, 4:14:08 AM4/13/20
to efloraofindia, Tapas Chakrabarty
Hi, Tapas ji,
I feel some of the images at Glochidion hohenackeri and Glochidion ellipticum may not be correctly identified.
May I request you to pl. check and point out the wrong identifications, where ever possible.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 3,000 members & 3,00,000 messages on 23.8.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 13,000 species & 3,00,000 images of which more than 2,50,000 images are directly displayed on 31.1.20).

Tapas Chakrabarty

Apr 17, 2020, 8:45:12 AM4/17/20
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
G. hohenackeri will have a button-like style while G. ellipticum has short columnar style. Very easy to distinguish.

Tapas Chakrabarty

Apr 17, 2020, 8:48:55 AM4/17/20
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
The images are indeed a mixture of G. ellipticum, G. candolleanum and G. hohenackeri.

J.M. Garg

Apr 17, 2020, 12:09:27 PM4/17/20
to Tapas Chakrabarty, efloraofindia
Hi, Tapas ji,
May I request you to pl. sort them out. Pl. tell me which are the wrong ones with id.

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Tapas Chakrabarty

Apr 17, 2020, 12:34:14 PM4/17/20
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
How to sort out?

J.M. Garg

Apr 17, 2020, 11:06:07 PM4/17/20
to Tapas Chakrabarty, efloraofindia
Thanks, Tapas ji.
Your may just give the link (by copying it) and remarks against that.
For now I wil take care sated by you.

On Fri, 17 Apr 2020 at 22:56, Tapas Chakrabarty <tcha...@gmail.com> wrote:
Under G. hohenackeri in the website, the two images as attached are different (first two images): Imnage 1: A 184 = G. candolleanum. Image 2: Glochidion ellipticum (4) = G. hohenackeri var. johnstonei.
Under Glochidion ellipticum:
Under G. ellipticum, three images are of G. hohenackeri while one is Breynia trinervia. Attached herewith. (Nos. 4-6). Identity is given by me on the legend of the images.
Under G. candolleanum, both are okay.

J.M. Garg

Apr 17, 2020, 11:14:43 PM4/17/20
to efloraofindia
Apr 17, 2020, 11:47:56 PM4/17/20
to Tapas Chakrabarty, efloraofindia
Hi, Tapas ji,
I have corrected these now in efi group as well as in efi site.
Pl. see if there are no further misidentification at Glochidion hohenackeri and Glochidion ellipticum