ID requested

SHYAM PHARTYAL

Mar 6, 2019, 6:28:52 AM3/6/19
to efloraofindia
Dear efloraofindia Community,

I need your help to identify the species attached to this email.

Date of picture: 24 Feb 2019
Location: Airforce Station, Bakhsi Ka Talab, Lucknow
Plant Family: Fabaceae
Fruit: Dehiscent pod
Habitat: Wild
Plant form: Tree
Height: ~20feet

Best,

Shyam Phartyal

Save the Date: Seed Ecology VI Meeting, 2019

http://www.biologie.uni-regensburg.de/Seed-Ecology2019/index.html

Shyam S. PHARTYAL, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
School of Ecology & Environment Studies (SEES)
Nalanda University, Rajgir, 803116, Bihar, INDIA
Tel(Off): 09102995132
Associate Editor: Seed Science & Technology (2016 to date)
Alexander von Humboldt Fellow (2014-16), Regensburg Uni., Germany
JSPS Postdoctoral Fellow (2006-08), Hokkaido Uni., Japan
Postdoctoral Fellow (2001-02), Virje Uni. Brussels, Belgium

IMG_20190224_155109_HDR.jpg
IMG_20190224_155115_HDR.jpg
IMG_20190224_155137_HDR.jpg

Bubai Bera

Mar 6, 2019, 6:45:07 AM3/6/19
to efloraofindia
Leucaena leucocephala ?

Regards
Bubai

J.M. Garg

Mar 6, 2019, 1:13:52 PM3/6/19
to efloraofindia, Bubai Bera, shyamp...@gmail.com
Thanks, Bubai ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Ushadi Micromini

Mar 7, 2019, 1:31:41 AM3/7/19
to efloraofindia, Bubai Bera, shyamp...@gmail.com
are not the leaves/leaflets too large and
a varying/different shape than what we see in
Leucaena leucocephala  ??
usha di

Usha di
===========

SHYAM PHARTYAL

Mar 7, 2019, 2:09:01 AM3/7/19
to efloraofindia

Thanks for identifying it as Leucaena leucocephala??

Please find the picture of bark too. I am a little confused between Leucaena leucocephala and Parkia spp.

Seeds are very similar to Leucaena leucocephala.

Best,

Shyam

--
Usha di