Mimosoideae (Mimosaceae) Week_Parkia sp._RKC03_02012012

Ritesh Kumar Choudhary

Jan 1, 2012, 7:28:19 PM1/1/12
to efloraofindia
Parkia biglandulosa or P. timoriana??

Loc.: Itanagar, Arunachal Pradesh

Pl. confirm.!

Regards,
Ritesh.
tn_.JPG
tn_IMG_0509.JPG
tn_IMG_0510.JPG
tn_IMG_0591.JPG
tn_IMG_0606.JPG
tn_IMG_0607.JPG
tn_IMG_0611.JPG
tn_Parkia-fls.JPG

Gurcharan Singh

Jan 1, 2012, 9:06:46 PM1/1/12
to Ritesh Kumar Choudhary, efloraofindia
Thanks Ritesh ji for nice set of photographs

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Samir Mehta

Jan 1, 2012, 9:54:54 PM1/1/12
to efloraofindia
Ritesh ji,

P. biglandulosa has 7-12 pairs of pinnae and 60-100 pairs of leaflets
(ref: Flora Maharashtra, Vol 2, page 223) and may not fit he bill
though other characteristics are very similar.

P. timoriana seems more likely.

Further comments awaited.

Regards,

(Dr) Samir Mehta

On Jan 2, 7:06 am, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Ritesh ji for nice set of photographs
>
> --
> Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> Retired  Associate Professor
>
> On Mon, Jan 2, 2012 at 5:58 AM, Ritesh Kumar Choudhary <ritesh....@gmail.com

Ritesh Kumar Choudhary

Jan 3, 2012, 8:20:47 PM1/3/12
to efloraofindia
Thanks a lot Samir ji for your feedback!

I'll wait for other comments.

Thanks again with regards,
Ritesh.

H S

Jan 4, 2012, 4:25:01 AM1/4/12
to Ritesh Kumar Choudhary, efloraofindia
yes very good photograph,, one of my best tree..
--
 - H.S.

A scientific man ought to have no wishes, no affections, - a mere heart of stone

Madhuri Raut

Jan 4, 2012, 4:30:51 AM1/4/12
to H S, Ritesh Kumar Choudhary, efloraofindia
excellent set of photographs of the pods. I have never seen this before thanks for sharing
--
Regards
Dr.Bhagyashri Ranade

Ritesh Kumar Choudhary

Jan 4, 2012, 4:44:01 AM1/4/12
to efloraofindia
Thanks H.S. Ji and Bhagyashri Ji for appreciation.

Regards,
Ritesh.

jmgarg1

Aug 19, 2012, 9:31:05 AM8/19/12
to efloraofindia, tab...@gmail.com, rites...@gmail.com, dr_m...@yahoo.com, mithi...@gmail.com, mithi...@yahoo.com, pra...@gmail.com, apda...@gmail.com, anupam...@gmail.com, pijush...@gmail.com, rajar...@gmail.com, Khyanjeet Gogoi, Samir Mehta, Umeshkumar Tiwari

Some earlier relevant feedback:

“Ritesh ji,

P. biglandulosa has 7-12 pairs of pinnae and 60-100 pairs of leaflets (ref: Flora Maharashtra, Vol 2, page 223) and may not fit he bill
though other characteristics are very similar.

P. timoriana seems more likely.

Further comments awaited.

Regards,

(Dr) Samir Mehta”

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg
For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1900 members & 1,23,300 messages on 31/7/12) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of more than 7000 species).

tn_.JPG
tn_IMG_0509.JPG
tn_IMG_0510.JPG
tn_IMG_0591.JPG
tn_IMG_0606.JPG
tn_IMG_0607.JPG
tn_IMG_0611.JPG
tn_Parkia-fls.JPG

ajinkya gadave

Aug 19, 2012, 9:44:26 AM8/19/12
to jmgarg1, efloraofindia, tab...@gmail.com, rites...@gmail.com, dr_m...@yahoo.com, mithi...@gmail.com, mithi...@yahoo.com, pra...@gmail.com, apda...@gmail.com, anupam...@gmail.com, pijush...@gmail.com, rajar...@gmail.com, Khyanjeet Gogoi, Samir Mehta, Umeshkumar Tiwari
Parkia biglandulosa

Satish Phadke

Aug 20, 2012, 6:53:10 AM8/20/12
to ajinkya gadave, jmgarg1, efloraofindia, tab...@gmail.com, rites...@gmail.com, dr_m...@yahoo.com, mithi...@gmail.com, mithi...@yahoo.com, pra...@gmail.com, apda...@gmail.com, anupam...@gmail.com, pijush...@gmail.com, rajar...@gmail.com, Khyanjeet Gogoi, Samir Mehta, Umeshkumar Tiwari
I have seen only Parkia biglandulosa so far. The images here match with those of Parkia timoriana on net.
Dr Satish Phadke