Is this Malvaceae? 010210MK3

Muthu Karthick

Feb 1, 2010, 2:15:25 AM2/1/10
to indiantreepix

Dear members,
I found no flowers in this common shrub found on the exposed regions of Satyamangalam RF, yet could these fruits lead to identification?
Date: 18 Jan 2010
--
Muthu Karthick, N
Junior Research Fellow

shrikant ingalhalikar

Feb 1, 2010, 3:14:58 AM2/1/10
to efloraofindia
Grewia tenax. Regards, Shrikant Ingalhalikar

>  IMG_3635.JPG
> 142KViewDownload
>
>  IMG_3636.JPG
> 132KViewDownload
>
>  IMG_3637.JPG
> 127KViewDownload
>
>  IMG_3638.JPG
> 324KViewDownload

Pankaj Oudhia

Feb 1, 2010, 3:17:46 AM2/1/10
to efloraofindia
Muthu ji,

Its golden time to collect these fruits and prepare Shurbut/Sherbet. It is very good for general health.

Pankaj Oudhia

Muthu Karthick

Feb 1, 2010, 3:29:12 AM2/1/10
to Pankaj Oudhia, efloraofindia
Many thanks Shrikantji and Pankaj ji for the id and information.

Also the fruits of Grewia hirsuta tastes like honey.
Care Earth Trust
Chennai - 61
www.careearthtrust.org

Muthu Karthick

May 17, 2010, 4:41:26 AM5/17/10
to Pankaj Oudhia, efloraofindia
Attaching the flower of this plant.
E 117.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

May 17, 2010, 5:19:47 AM5/17/10
to Muthu Karthick, Pankaj Oudhia, efloraofindia
Dear members
If this flowering twig belongs to the same plant as in first four photographs, then I think this is not Grewia tenax, atleast one which I know. The flowers of Grewia tenax have white or pale yellow flowers with much narrow almost linear petals recurved at their tips, and staments with longer white filaments. If need be I will upload my photographs.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Muthu Karthick

May 17, 2010, 9:39:12 AM5/17/10
to Gurcharan Singh, Pankaj Oudhia, efloraofindia

Dear all,
sorry, this is my mistake only. The flower picture is not of that Grewia sp.
Singji, could you please upload flowers of Grewia tenax?

Gurcharan Singh

May 17, 2010, 10:10:56 AM5/17/10
to Muthu Karthick, Pankaj Oudhia, efloraofindia
Muthu ji
Here are the photographs of flowering Grewia tenax

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Grewia-tenax-Delhi-1.jpg
Grewia-tenax-Delhi-2.jpg

Muthu Karthick

Sep 8, 2011, 7:11:17 AM9/8/11
to efloraofindia

Forwarded conversation
Subject: Is this Malvaceae? 010210MK3
------------------------

From: Muthu Karthick <nmk...@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 12:45 PM
To: indiantreepix <indian...@googlegroups.com>

Date: 18 Jan 2010
--
Muthu Karthick, N
Junior Research Fellow

----------
From: shrikant ingalhalikar <le...@rediffmail.com>
Date: Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 1:44 PM
To: efloraofindia <indian...@googlegroups.com>

----------

From: Muthu Karthick <nmk...@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, May 17, 2010 at 2:11 PM
To: Pankaj Oudhia <pankaj...@gmail.com>
Cc: efloraofindia <indian...@googlegroups.com>

From: Rohit Patel <rmpec...@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, May 17, 2010 at 2:17 PM
To: Muthu Karthick <nmk...@gmail.com>

Sida Sp.???????

ROHITKUMAR M.PATEL
Asst. Project cordinator
(Grassland development)
AHKC unit,Sahjeevan
175, Jalaram Society,
Vijay Nagar
Bhuj Kachchh-  370001
Gujarat, India
www.sahjeevan.org
E-mail (2):-rohitpa...@yahoo.com
Mo.:- 09724337687

----------

#15, second main road,
Thillai ganga nagar,
Chennai - 600 061
Mob: 0091 96268 33911
www.careearthtrust.org

IMG_3635.JPG
IMG_3636.JPG
IMG_3637.JPG
IMG_3638.JPG
E 117.jpg
Grewia-tenax-Delhi-1.jpg
Grewia-tenax-Delhi-2.jpg

Rohit Patel

Sep 8, 2011, 7:50:49 AM9/8/11
to Muthu Karthick, efloraofindia
i think, Except image no . E117, remanining all are Grewia tenex ??????????????
--
PATEL ROHITKUMAR MANGALBHAI, M.Sc, PhD
ASSOCIATE FELLOW