is it Amoora rohituka?

shubhada nikharge

Aug 30, 2010, 1:57:09 AM8/30/10
to indian tree pix
Hi,
i have attached few pics of leaves and flower buds of a tree seen at kamla Nehru park, Malabar Hill, Mumbai on 26th Aug 2010.

A medium size tree on the roadside.
Large, imparipinnate leaves. Opposite leaflets.

Is it Amoora rohituka syn. Aphanamixis polystachya?

Cheers,
Shubhada

"I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; I will not refuse to do the something I can do."

Amoora rohituka syn. Aphanamixis polystachyaMeliaceae 2010_0826_Kamla_nehru park 0130 e.jpg
Amoora rohituka syn. Aphanamixis polystachyaMeliaceae 2010_0826_Kamla_nehru park 0131 e.jpg
Amoora rohituka syn. Aphanamixis polystachyaMeliaceae 2010_0826_Kamla_nehru park 0132 e.jpg
Amoora rohituka syn. Aphanamixis polystachyaMeliaceae 2010_0826_Kamla_nehru park 0133 e.jpg
Amoora rohituka syn. Aphanamixis polystachyaMeliaceae 2010_0826_Kamla_nehru park 0138 e.jpg
Amoora rohituka syn. Aphanamixis polystachyaMeliaceae 2010_0826_Kamla_nehru park 0139 e.jpg

Vijayasankar

Aug 30, 2010, 2:19:49 AM8/30/10
to shubhada nikharge, indian tree pix
Yes Shubhada ji, you are right!

With regards

Vijayasankar

Neil Soares

Aug 30, 2010, 3:43:58 AM8/30/10
to shubhada nikharge, Vijayasankar, indian tree pix
Hi Shubhada,
  Agree with Dr.Vijayasankar. Have this at my farm. The local name is Amari. Sending a close-up of the leaves.
                               Regards,
                                 Neil.

--- On Mon, 8/30/10, Vijayasankar <vijay.b...@gmail.com> wrote:
Amoora rohituka, Amari.jpg
Amoora rohituka, Amari leaves.jpg

tanay bose

Aug 30, 2010, 9:15:24 AM8/30/10
to Neil Soares, shubhada nikharge, Vijayasankar, indian tree pix
Agree with Vijaya Ji and Neil Ji
Tanay

--
Tanay Bose
Research Assistant & Teaching Assistant

Usha Desai

Aug 31, 2010, 3:46:18 AM8/31/10
to tanay bose, Neil Soares, shubhada nikharge, Vijayasankar, indian tree pix
Shubhada
Thanks for getting it idied.
My question to others is are these buds or flowers.?
If bud,any one has photos  of the flower...for I would like to see.
THANKING YOU IN ADVANCE
Cheers Usha

Satish Phadke

Sep 3, 2010, 12:11:26 AM9/3/10
to Usha Desai, tanay bose, Neil Soares, shubhada nikharge, Vijayasankar, indian tree pix
Hi Usha ji
I agree it is difficult to spot the open flowers.
Hope these pictures might help.
Dr Phadke Satish
Amoora Rohitaka4.jpg
Amoora Rohitaka3.jpg