chinese tallow: Triadica sebifera

Aparna Watve

Feb 27, 2010, 1:18:53 PM2/27/10
to plantecolo...@googlegroups.com, indiantreepix Indian
Dear All,
Has anyone of you seen Chinese tallow, Current is Triadica sebifera.
(Sepium sebiferum was old name)
A friend of mine is looking for seeds of this tree. Is it planted anywhere?
Thanks in advance.
Aparna

shrikant ingalhalikar

Feb 28, 2010, 12:33:48 AM2/28/10
to efloraofindia
Hi Aparna,

This is supposed to be at NCL Pune. The contact person is Mr. Murari
Jana. However I have not been able to see this plant so far, so can't
say about seeds. Regards, Shrikant

Kenneth Greby

Feb 28, 2010, 12:53:20 AM2/28/10
to shrikant ingalhalikar, efloraofindia
This tree is common as an invasive in Florida, USA.

If you cannot locate it locally, let me know. I'll see if I can procure some from contacts there.

Regards--
Ken Greby.

Mar 1, 2010, 6:42:37 AM3/1/10
to efloraofindia

Dear All
I posted a reply to same topic on ANOTHER group, so here copy-pasting
my reply

"The species is wild in Dun valley but becomes leaf less in Feb (upto
April or so). Flowering is in June-August and fruiting in Oct-Dec.
If possible remind again during the fruiting season so that I can
collect seeds."

Thanks and Regards

Ninad Raut
WII, D'dun