Plant for ID SMP 23Mar 2010

Satish Phadke

Mar 23, 2010, 9:43:15 AM3/23/10
to indiantreepix Indian
Observed yesterday Pune. For ID
Dr Phadke

Date/Time-

22 Mar2010 12 noon

Location- Place, Altitude, GPS-

Pune University

Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type-

?

Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb-

Small tree or shrub

Height/Length-

10 feet

Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size-

Alternate oval15*5cm Dark green

Inflorescence Type/ Size-

Axillary from stems

Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts-

1-1.5cm

Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds-

DSCN5500s.jpg
DSCN5501s.jpg

Satish Phadke

Mar 23, 2010, 9:56:56 AM3/23/10
to indiantreepix Indian
A small potted plant in Pune University.Herb, Flowers 1cm. Leaves characteristic as in picture.
The gardener told it to have medicinal properties.
Posting it out of curiosity. What can it be?
Dr Phadke
DSCN5477s.jpg

Satish Phadke

Mar 23, 2010, 9:58:28 AM3/23/10
to indiantreepix Indian
Sorry the second plant post went on the group accidentally.
Will post in separate mail. Just disregard it.
Dr Phadke

Satish Phadke

Mar 23, 2010, 9:59:14 AM3/23/10
to indiantreepix Indian
DSCN5477s.jpg

tanay bose

Mar 23, 2010, 12:09:47 PM3/23/10
to Satish Phadke, indiantreepix Indian
Dear Satish ji,
Hope this plant is from Euphorbiaceae but I dont know the exact name.
Regards
Tanay

Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)
9830439691(Mobile)
9674221362 (Mobile)

shrikant ingalhalikar

Mar 23, 2010, 1:10:44 PM3/23/10
to efloraofindia
Suregada multiflora? Rgds, Shrikant

On Mar 23, 6:43 pm, Satish Phadke <phadke.sat...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Observed yesterday Pune. For ID
> Dr Phadke
>

> *Date/Time-*
>
> * *
>
> *22 Mar2010 12 noon*
>
> *Location- Place, Altitude, GPS- *
>
> * *
>
> *Pune University*
>
> *Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type-*
>
> * *
>
> *?*
>
> *Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb-  *
>
> * *
>
> *Small tree or shrub*
>
> *Height/Length- *
>
> * *
>
> *10 feet*
>
> *Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size- *
>
> * *
>
> *Alternate oval15*5cm Dark green*
>
> *Inflorescence Type/ Size- *
>
> * *
>
> *Axillary from stems*
>
> *Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts-*
>
> * *
>
> *1-1.5cm *
>
> *Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds-*
>
> * *
>
> * *
>
> *Other Information like Fragrance, Pollinator, Uses etc.-*
>
> * *
>
>  DSCN5500s.jpg
> 137KViewDownload
>
>  DSCN5501s.jpg
> 116KViewDownload

R. Vijayasankar

Mar 23, 2010, 1:12:26 PM3/23/10
to shrikant ingalhalikar, efloraofindia
Probably Suregada multiflora (female plant).

With regards

R. Vijayasankar
National Center for Natural Products Research,
The University of Mississippi,
Oxford, MS-38677, USA.

tanay bose

Mar 23, 2010, 1:16:51 PM3/23/10
to R. Vijayasankar, shrikant ingalhalikar, efloraofindia

Yes both Shrikant Ji and Vijayasankar Ji is right this is Suregada multiflora (female plant). Atlest went for the family this time.. better luck for me next time.
tanay

R. Vijayasankar

Mar 23, 2010, 1:33:38 PM3/23/10
to tanay bose, shrikant ingalhalikar, efloraofindia
Good luck Tanay! we appreciate your effort. Keep it up!

Pardeshi S.

Mar 24, 2010, 12:48:46 AM3/24/10
to efloraofindia
This is Ruta graveolens