Submission of Indigofera sp. (I. sessiliflora DC. ?) :: YS FEB20/01

Yogesh Sharma

Feb 12, 2020, 11:43:04 AM2/12/20
to efloraofindia
Indigofera sp.
( Indigofera sessiliflora DC. ? )
.
This one is a branching silvery herb with dense axillary inflorescences. I hope that I have identified it rightly as I. sessiliflora DC.
Please help to confirm its identity.
.
Photos taken in Aug. and Sept. 2019
Rewari, Haryana.

Regards
Yogesh Sharma
Flower.JPG
Fruits.JPG
Habit 2.jpg
Habit 3.JPG
Habit.jpg
Inflorescence.JPG
Leaf.JPG

J.M. Garg

Feb 19, 2020, 7:25:38 AM2/19/20
to efloraofindia, Yogesh Sharma
Thanks, Yogesh ji, for the wonderful presentation.
To me also appears close as per Flora of Pakistan and FoP illustration

However, Flora of Pakistan and Florabase gives leaflets 5-7, but I see up to 9 leaflets.

Pl. also see specimen at GBIF
I think there are 3 leaflets also. There may be 9 leaflet specimens also. Pl. check.

With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 3,000 members & 3,00,000 messages on 23.8.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 13,000 species & 3,00,000 images of which more than 2,00,000 images are directly displayed on 30.8.19).

Flower.JPG
Fruits.JPG
Habit 2.jpg
Habit 3.JPG
Habit.jpg
Inflorescence.JPG
Leaf.JPG

Paradesi Anjaneyulu

Feb 19, 2020, 11:33:56 AM2/19/20
to efloraofindia, Yogesh Sharma
Nice presentation Yogesh Ji,
With regards.

Mahadeswara

Feb 19, 2020, 10:54:31 PM2/19/20
to efloraofindia
Awesome presentation one can emulate!
Message has been deleted

Yogesh Sharma

Feb 20, 2020, 1:52:50 PM2/20/20
to efloraofindia
Thanks a lot respected Garg ji, Paradesi ji and Mahadeswara ji for appreciating..
.
Thankyou so much Garg ji for nice words. I have checked a few specimens on GBIF as you suggested and found that some specimens also have 9 leaflets. So my posted species matches to I. sessiliflora DC.

Regards
Yogesh Sharma

J.M. Garg

Feb 23, 2020, 10:06:53 PM2/23/20
to Devender Singh, efloraofindia, Yogesh Sharma
Thanks, Devender ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

On Mon 24 Feb, 2020, 7:24 AM Devender Singh, <devendersin...@gmail.com> wrote:
yes, it is sessiliflora

Dr. Devender Singh Meena
Department of Botany
Shivaji College
University of Delhi
New Delhi 110027
India

Yogesh Sharma

Feb 24, 2020, 11:32:37 AM2/24/20
to efloraofindia
Thanks a lot Devender sir for confirmation..