Lindernia parviflora (Roxb.) Haines

surajit koley

May 15, 2021, 10:07:57 AM5/15/21
to efloraofindia
http://www.plantsoftheworldonline.org/taxon/urn:lsid:ipni.org:names:805205-1

So much variability? - https://www.gbif.org/occurrence/gallery?taxon_key=3730405

life is short
time is running out
don't try to know everything
utilize what you already know

J.M. Garg

May 22, 2021, 8:10:22 AM5/22/21
to efloraofindia, surajitkoley
Yes, Surajit ji.
POWO says "Leaves sessile or shortly petiolate, ovate, ovate-lanceolate or elliptic, 2–5(–16) mm long, 1–5(–8) mm wide, apex acute or obtuse, margins entire, or larger leaves occasionally minutely, shallowly dentate, 1–3(–5)-veined; petiole 0–2 mm long".

As far as photographic observations are concerned, GBIF is sourcing these from iNaturalist, which are wrong many times. About POWO,  I do not know.

With regards,
J.M.Garg

surajit koley

May 22, 2021, 9:41:51 AM5/22/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
I can't remember now, Sir ji, why I drew your attention to this Lindernia
I searched my sent folder for relevant context, but there was no discussion on Lindernia!!

Perhaps it was an effort to draw your attention about reliability of GBIF specimens of photographic representations of live plants, instead of herbarium specimens ........ on Leaa, Syzygium, Alocasia, and specially your reference of Uvaria fruits in GBIF and inaturalist.

I thank you very much for taking care of the thread, as you do, incessantly, for each and every one.

Regards
surajit