070610vks2

1 view

vinay

Jun 7, 2010, 12:35:13 AM6/7/10
to indiantreepix
Dear all
I am sending plant very common in JNU and sunder van.
With  Regards
Vinay

Date/Time-29 /05/2010

Location- Place, Altitude, GPS- JNU, New Delhi

Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type- Wild

Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb- bush

Height/Length- 2-2.5mt

Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size- ovate

Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts-Small, white

Delhi_vks (128).jpg
Delhi_vks (129).jpg

Rajendra Shinde

Jun 7, 2010, 12:55:13 AM6/7/10
to vinay, indiantreepix
This is Capparis sp. ; may be C. spinosa or C. sepiaria.

Rajendra

Dr. Rajendra D. Shinde,
Director, Council of International Programmes,
& Reader in Botany
St. Xavier's College,
(University of Mumbai)
Mumbai 400001.
India.
Off. Tel. +91-22-2262 0662 ext 356
Cell : 9819100131

Muthu Karthick

Jun 7, 2010, 1:12:55 AM6/7/10
to Rajendra Shinde, vinay, indiantreepix
Does C.sepiaria have retuse leaf tip?
Muthu Karthick, N
Junior Research Fellow
Care Earth Trust
Chennai - 61
www.careearthtrust.org

Gurcharan Singh

Jun 7, 2010, 6:33:29 AM6/7/10
to Muthu Karthick, Rajendra Shinde, vinay, indiantreepix
I think Capparis sepiaria
C. spinosa has much larger flowers.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

tanay bose

Jun 7, 2010, 9:05:13 AM6/7/10
to Gurcharan Singh, Muthu Karthick, Rajendra Shinde, vinay, indiantreepix
Capparis sepiaria is the call from my side
Tanay
Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)
9830439691(Mobile)

Rashida Atthar

Jun 7, 2010, 11:30:24 AM6/7/10
to tanay bose, Gurcharan Singh, Muthu Karthick, Rajendra Shinde, vinay, indiantreepix
This is capparis sepiaria . The recurving spines being the distinguishing feature. In the Mumbai forest we often get hurt by this shrub.

regards,
Rashida.

tanay bose

Jun 7, 2010, 11:48:12 AM6/7/10
to Rashida Atthar, Gurcharan Singh, Muthu Karthick, Rajendra Shinde, vinay, indiantreepix
Thanks Rashida Ji for confirmation
Tanay