flora-Australia-7

ushaprabha page

Sep 2, 2011, 7:50:39 PM9/2/11
to indiantreepix
Id pl.-A shrub in the front yard of the cottage garden,
P8300094.jpg
P8300095.jpg
P9020001.jpg

ushaprabha page

Sep 2, 2011, 9:07:41 PM9/2/11
to indiantreepix
I got the id of the same-
Anigozanthus rufus or known as Kangaroo paw,
F-Haemodoraceae.
It is bird attracting flower,
endemic to the south west of western Australia.
flower resembles kangaroo paw.

Ushadi micromini

Sep 2, 2011, 11:31:14 PM9/2/11
to efloraofindia
Kangaroo paw... what an apt name..
and strage looking
thanks
Usha di
===

On Sep 3, 6:07 am, ushaprabha page <ushaprabhap...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I got the id of the same-
> Anigozanthus rufus or known as Kangaroo paw,
> F-Haemodoraceae.
> It is bird attracting flower,
> endemic to the south west of western Australia.
> flower resembles kangaroo paw.

Smita Raskar

Sep 3, 2011, 3:07:28 AM9/3/11
to Ushadi micromini, efloraofindia
Flowers are so beautiful & picture is amazing!!!
i am happy for you, with Encyclopedia of Plants i.e. Navendu, you are enjoying Australian flora  fullest!!
& thanks for sharing beautiful pictures Usha:):)
--
Smita raskar
308 Disha Residency,

Satish Phadke

Sep 4, 2011, 12:24:19 PM9/4/11
to ushaprabha page, indiantreepix
A beautiful flower indeed.
I remember observing similar plant in San Francisco bot. garden in Australia section. Will share it in a separate thread.
Dr Phadke

promila chaturvedi

Sep 9, 2011, 9:22:30 AM9/9/11
to Satish Phadke, ushaprabha page, indiantreepix
What a beautiful shrub.
Promila