For ID 110810 a ET

Thiruvengadam Ekambaram

Aug 11, 2010, 3:46:45 AM8/11/10
to indiantreepix
Friends
I took this flower pictures in Bhojwasa 4 km from Gaumukh
Date/Time-8.7.10 ----1.00 p.m.
Location- Place, Altitude, GPS- --- in Bhojwasa 4 km from Gaumukh
Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type- ----wild
Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb- plant
Height/Length- -----Around 0.5 me
Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size -------as seen in the picture
Inflorescence Type/ Size-
Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts-
Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds-
Please give ID
With Warm Regards,

E.Thiruvengadam
Mobile 09987886892
Chembur, Mumbai - 400074

IMG_1163.JPG
IMG_1164.JPG

Gurcharan Singh

Aug 11, 2010, 3:57:35 AM8/11/10
to Thiruvengadam Ekambaram, indiantreepix
Rosa webbiana

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Tabish

Aug 11, 2010, 5:02:12 AM8/11/10
to efloraofindia
Gurcharan ji,
I am just wondering if this is not Rosa macrophylla. The shape of
the leaflets doesn't quite look like Rosa webbiana, from the
perception in my mind. Leaflets of of Rosa webbiana are more rounded
(and probably smaller), and have the characteristic that the upper
part of the leaflets is toothed and the lower part is entire:
http://www.flowersofindia.net/catalog/slides/Webb%27s%20Rose.html
Probably a close-up of the leaves by Thiruvengadam will be helpful.
- Tabish

On Aug 11, 12:57 pm, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Rosa webbiana
>
> --
> Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> Retired  Associate Professor
>
> On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 1:16 PM, Thiruvengadam Ekambaram <

Gurcharan Singh

Aug 11, 2010, 5:18:15 AM8/11/10
to Tabish, efloraofindia
Agreed Tabish ji
In addition the long calyx lobe-tips are very obvious.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Thiruvengadam Ekambaram

Aug 11, 2010, 6:23:08 AM8/11/10
to Tabish, efloraofindia
Sir
I can crop and send the same photo. I do not have separate photo with leaves close up.

On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 2:32 PM, Tabish <tab...@gmail.com> wrote:

--
With Warm Regards,

E.Thiruvengadam, FIE
Life Fellow
The Institution of Engineers (India)
Chartered Engineer (India)
Mobile 09987886892
Chembur, Mumbai

Tabish

Aug 11, 2010, 7:25:37 AM8/11/10
to efloraofindia
Thiruvengadam, please do post a cropped picture showing leaf detail.
It would be nice to settle doubts.
- Tabish

On Aug 11, 3:23 pm, Thiruvengadam Ekambaram <ethiruvenga...@gmail.com>

Thiruvengadam Ekambaram

Aug 11, 2010, 9:35:39 AM8/11/10
to Tabish, efloraofindia
Yes please
IMG_1163.JPG

Thiruvengadam Ekambaram

Aug 11, 2010, 9:36:52 AM8/11/10
to Tabish, efloraofindia
Sorry It is a mistake, I am sending seprate mail.

Thiruvengadam Ekambaram

Aug 11, 2010, 9:47:59 AM8/11/10
to Tabish, efloraofindia
Sir
Now I managed to send the cropped photo

On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 4:55 PM, Tabish <tab...@gmail.com> wrote:
IMG_1163a.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Aug 11, 2010, 10:57:04 AM8/11/10
to Thiruvengadam Ekambaram, Tabish, efloraofindia
Yes more evidence to support R. macrophylla.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Tabish

Aug 11, 2010, 11:13:42 AM8/11/10
to efloraofindia
Yes, now I can say confidently that it is Rosa macrophylla.
- Tabish

On Aug 11, 7:57 pm, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes more evidence to support R. macrophylla.
>
> --
> Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> Retired  Associate Professor
>
> On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 7:17 PM, Thiruvengadam Ekambaram <
>
> ethiruvenga...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Sir
> > Now I managed to send the cropped photo

> >>http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Pankaj Kumar

Aug 11, 2010, 11:51:28 AM8/11/10
to Tabish, efloraofindia
Thanks a lot Tabish sir, Some times it really becomes tricky!!!
Pankaj

tanay bose

Aug 11, 2010, 1:59:49 PM8/11/10
to Pankaj Kumar, Tabish, efloraofindia
Quite a trickyID thanks for olving it
Tanay

--
Tanay Bose
Research Assistant & Teaching Assistant

nabha meghani

Aug 11, 2010, 4:45:00 PM8/11/10
to tanay bose, Pankaj Kumar, Tabish, efloraofindia
delicious jam is made from rose hips of wild roses. Rose hips are rich on vitamine C, food for birds and warming tea for humans beings in winter.

Regards
Nalini