Photos of Broussonetia (Moraceae)

Javier Francisco-Ortega at FIU

Jul 1, 2021, 8:18:28 AM7/1/21
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear Colleagues,

I am a college professor from the Canary Islands. Together with other colleagues I am writing a popular book in botanical history of these islands. The French botanist Pierre Marie Broussonett was an important figure in The botanical history of these islands. He is honored through the genus Broussonetia. We wonder if any of the network members could kindly share with us high resolution photos of any of its species and/or its ethnobotany. One of them (B. papyrifera) has ample use as a source to make paper. We will
Give credit to the author’s photo in the book

None of the species of the genus reach the canaries.

We are grateful for the time and help with this query.

Yours truly,

Prof Javier Francisco-Ortega,
Florida international university & Fairchild tropical botanic garden