[efloraofindia:32736] Capparis sepiaria L.

rashida atthar

Apr 20, 2010, 3:14:36 AM4/20/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com

Capparis sepiaria L.  saw this commonly seen Capparis Sp. at the south end of the national park in Mumbai on 18 April '10. The main distinguishing feature the stipuler spine hooks that can be seen below the leaves in my second Pic below the right hand side leaf.

regards,
Rashida.

The latest auto launches and test drives Drag n' drop

Capparis sepiaria L..JPG
Capparis sepiaria L..JPG

Prashant awale

Apr 20, 2010, 3:19:22 AM4/20/10
to rashida atthar, indian...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Rashida ji for posting this. I had posted similar one few days back. Now its very clear that the one i posted were also C.sepiaria.
Thanks
regards
Prashant

rashida atthar

Apr 20, 2010, 3:52:03 AM4/20/10
to pka...@gmail.com, indian...@googlegroups.com
Good to know this. I too think your post is C. sepiaria L.

regards,
Rashida.

Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 12:49:22 +0530
Subject: Re: [efloraofindia:32736] Capparis sepiaria L.
From: pka...@gmail.com
To: rashid...@hotmail.com
CC: indian...@googlegroups.com

On 4/20/10, rashida atthar <rashid...@hotmail.com> wrote:

Capparis sepiaria L.  saw this commonly seen Capparis Sp. at the south end of the national park in Mumbai on 18 April '10. The main distinguishing feature the stipuler spine hooks that can be seen below the leaves in my second Pic below the right hand side leaf.

regards,
Rashida.

The latest auto launches and test drives Drag n' drop

Invest your money wisely post Budget Sign up now.

tanay bose

Apr 20, 2010, 7:48:34 AM4/20/10
to Prashant awale, rashida atthar, indian...@googlegroups.com
Yes this photo clears the doubt raised when I identified the Prasant ji plant as Capparis sepiaria L.  Now I am also confident that I was right.. Thank you very very much Rashida Ji for posting the photos ... They are also very lovely.
Regards
Tanay

--
Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)

Dinesh Valke

Apr 20, 2010, 7:54:08 AM4/20/10
to tanay bose, Prashant awale, rashida atthar, indian...@googlegroups.com
Capparis sepiaria is commonly known as: hedge caper, Indian caper, wild caper bush • Bengali: kaliakara • Gujarati: કંથેર kanther • Hindi: कांटारी kantari • Kannada: ಕಾದುಕತ್ತರಿ kadukattari • Malayalam: കാക്കത്തൊണ്ഭി kaakkaththonbhi • Marathi: कांटारा kantara, मांसतोडी maastodi • Nepalese: जुँगे लहरो junge laharo • Oriya: otaibe • Sanskrit: गृध्रनखी grdhranakhi, काण्टरी kantari • Tamil: கருஞ்சூரை karunchurai, காட்டுக்கத்தரி kattu-k-kattari • Telugu: నల్ల ఉప్పి nalla uppi, నల్లపుయ్ nallapuyyi

Regards.

Pardeshi S.

Apr 20, 2010, 9:27:47 AM4/20/10
to efloraofindia
Hello all
Capparis sepiaria L is posted many a times in this forum.
it can be checked in the database on efloraofindia.
i think if we have a small hint about the plant id. it can be checked/
identified in the database before posting.
this is just a suggestion, not to invite any issue or contoversy.

Regards
Satish Pardeshi