Cipadessa baccifera (Roth) Miq. [Meliaceae]

Muthu Karthick

Jun 8, 2010, 2:36:12 AM6/8/10
to indiantreepix
Dear all,
I photographed this shrub in a mixed deciduous forest patch on Eastern Ghats. Hope my id is correct.

Cipadessa baccifera (Roth) Miq. of Meliaceae.
Tamil Name: Pulipunchedi, Sannathurukka vaembu

Shot at: Sathyamangalam RF; 1000 msl
Date: 08 March 2008

--
Muthu Karthick, N
Junior Research Fellow

Muthu Karthick

Jun 8, 2010, 6:20:23 AM6/8/10
to indiantreepix
cipadessa baccifera.JPG
Cipadessa baccifera 1.JPG
Z 032.jpg
Z 033.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Jun 8, 2010, 7:15:20 AM6/8/10
to Muthu Karthick, indiantreepix
Muthu ji
Interesting new plant for me.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

tanay bose

Jun 8, 2010, 7:35:35 AM6/8/10
to Gurcharan Singh, Muthu Karthick, indiantreepix
I think you are right Muthu Ji
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)

Satish Phadke

Jun 8, 2010, 11:29:56 AM6/8/10
to Muthu Karthick, indiantreepix
We have many of these shrubs on the outskirts of Pune.
I had uploaded it earlier.
Attaching some pictures again.
Dr Phadke

--
Cipadessa baccifera2.jpg
Cipadessa baccifera1.jpg

tanay bose

Jun 8, 2010, 11:39:51 AM6/8/10
to Satish Phadke, Muthu Karthick, indiantreepix
Dear Satish Ji,
The photos are extremely small can't see it properly. Can you kindly upload a larger image/s?
Regards
Tanay

Satish Phadke

Jun 8, 2010, 11:43:24 AM6/8/10
to tanay bose, indiantreepix
Sorry I couldn't find it easily on my hard disk. so copied from earlier post. You may search it on database of eflora or on the group site.I will upload them whenever I will find it.
Dr Phadke

tanay bose

Jun 8, 2010, 11:47:10 AM6/8/10
to Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
Thanks for your concern Satish ji
Tanay

Balkar Arya

Jun 9, 2010, 10:50:58 AM6/9/10
to tanay bose, Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
Dear All

meaning of baccifer -era -erum, bacifer -era -erum olive-bearing, bearing berries
bacciformis -is -e berry-shaped, bacca-forma

Regards

--
Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat