258 ID wild plant Pogostemon

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jan 22, 2022, 12:59:44 AM1/22/22
to efloraofindia
Dear Members,
Please ID wild plant, kind regards, Sam.

Location: near Vannappuram Thodupuzha Idukki Dist. Kerala PIN:685607

Altitude: 1500fsl

Flower date: 14.01.2022, 01.15pm

Habitat: wild, moisture, streamside, rocky

Plant habit: small shrub, erect, branches, weak fleshy purple stem 01 inch base (hard) circumference, roots on base stem nodes, annual/perennial

Height: 04 feet

Leaves: opposite, heart shaped, apex, serrated margins, greenish purple, size:06×3cm or less

Flower: racemose, bracts, size:05×2.5mm, violet with white, non fragrant

Fruit:

Seed:

Camera: mobile Samsung Galaxy A21s

258 Identify wild plant
20220114_132044.jpg
20220114_132357.jpg
20220114_131746.jpg
20220114_131858.jpg
20220114_132523.jpg
20220114_132509.jpg
20220114_132554.jpg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jan 22, 2022, 1:01:49 AM1/22/22
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20220114_132532.jpg
20220114_132747.jpg
20220114_132722.jpg
20220114_132902.jpg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jan 22, 2022, 1:22:23 AM1/22/22
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images

20220114_132851.jpg
20220114_132932.jpg
20220114_132902.jpg

Saroj Kasaju

Jan 22, 2022, 1:52:56 AM1/22/22
to efloraindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu, J.M. Garg
 I guess Pogostemon paniculatus (Willd.) Benth.

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jan 22, 2022, 2:00:34 AM1/22/22
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia, J.M. Garg
Very close dear Saroj ji, but different, my ID 231 is Pogostemon paniculatus, with kind regards, Sam

J.M. Garg

Jan 24, 2022, 2:44:44 AM1/24/22
to Sam Kuzhalanattu, Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia
To me also appears close to images at Pogostemon paniculatus
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Saroj Kasaju

Jan 24, 2022, 2:57:29 AM1/24/22
to J.M. Garg, Sam Kuzhalanattu, efloraindia

Thank you Mr. Garg !

Saroj Kasaju

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jan 24, 2022, 6:16:21 AM1/24/22
to Saroj Kasaju, J.M. Garg, efloraindia
Dear Garg ji,
Yes, the flower is same of my ID 231 but this flower is larger at first sight, then colour, glabrous or hairless glossy thick purple stem, hairless or non velvety leaves, height and habit of the plant, life is perennial etc. are different.
If needed more images, I will provide in my next visit.  Only one this kind, very rare.  And I am agree with whatever your decision, with kind regards, Sam.

J.M. Garg

Jan 27, 2022, 2:11:36 AM1/27/22
to Sam Kuzhalanattu, Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia
I do not find anything similar as per comparative images at Pogostemon.
I still feel it is Pogostemon paniculatus only.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jan 27, 2022, 5:25:06 AM1/27/22
to J.M. Garg, Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia
Ok, thanks dear Garg ji and Saroj ji, with kind regards, Sam.

Saroj Kasaju

Jan 27, 2022, 6:18:20 AM1/27/22
to Sam Kuzhalanattu, J.M. Garg, efloraindia
OK Sam!
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju