[efloraofindia:32684] Elaeagnus sp??19042010-PKA1

Prashant awale

Apr 19, 2010, 11:59:51 AM4/19/10
to indiantreepix
Dear Friends,
Came across this plant in Mizoram. Flowers were similar to the flowers of Elaeagnus confreta of Elaeagnaceae family that we normally see in Sahyadri ranges. Leaves were shining green. Kindly have a look and help me in ID..

Botanical name:

Elaeagnus sp??

Family:

Elaeagnaceae?

Date/Time-

10th November /03:30 PM

Location- Place, Altitude, GPS-

Mizoram (Ailang)

Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type-

Wild

Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb-

Climbing Shrub

Height/Length-

--

Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size-

 Alternate, Shining, elliptic, acute, 7 to 11cm, petioles: 5 to 10mm

Inflorescence Type/ Size-

Solitary or fascicled on branches,

Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts-

Greenish yellow, stamens 4

Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds-

-

regards
Prashant

DSC00577.JPG
DSC00580.JPG
DSC00581.JPG

Prashant awale

Apr 23, 2010, 1:59:44 AM4/23/10
to indiantreepix
Resurfacing again for ID..

regards
Prashant

DSC00577.JPG
DSC00580.JPG
DSC00581.JPG

Satish Chile

Apr 23, 2010, 2:13:28 AM4/23/10
to Prashant awale, indiantreepix
This seems to be Elaeagnus conferta ?
Satish
--
Dr. Satish Kumar Chile

tanay bose

Apr 23, 2010, 2:44:23 AM4/23/10
to Satish Chile, Prashant awale, indiantreepix

Can be Elaeagnus conferta !!
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)

Gurcharan Singh

May 15, 2010, 11:03:02 PM5/15/10
to efloraofindia, Prashant awale, Satish Chile, TANAY BOSE, Balkar Arya
Resurfacing again for ID confirmation
Earlier feedback

Satish Chile ji...................................Seems to be Elaeagnus conferta?
Tanay..............................................Can be Elaeagnus conferta!!

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

JM Garg

Oct 1, 2019, 8:00:29 AM10/1/19
to efloraofindia
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to indiantreepix+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

DSC00577.JPG
DSC00580.JPG
DSC00581.JPG

J.M. Garg

Oct 1, 2019, 8:03:08 AM10/1/19
to efloraofindia, chile...@gmail.com, Prashant awale
Taking this as Elaeagnus latifolia L. in view of discussions under thread: Confusion in Elaeagnus species in Flora of Peninsular India

With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 3,000 members & 3,00,000 messages on 23.8.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 13,000 species & 3,00,000 images of which more than 1,70,000 images are directly displayed).

DSC00577.JPG
DSC00580.JPG
DSC00581.JPG