Fwd: [efloraofindia:28269] Fwd: [indiantreepix:26093] Flowers for ID

J.M. Garg

Feb 26, 2010, 1:25:38 AM2/26/10
to efloraofindia, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Muthu Karthick, Dinesh Valke, Sachin Chorge
Forwarding a reply pl.
"Forwarding pictures and differences on the 2 Ixora species.
I. brachiata, a small tree, inflo 5-10 cm, flowers 5-6 mm long, buds globose, flowering in Nov.
I pavetta, a medium sized tree, inflo 10-15 cm, flowers 8-10 mm long, buds ellipsoid, flowering in March.
This plant seems I. pavetta. Regards, Shrikant"

Forwarding pictures and differences on the 2 Ixora species.

I. brachiata, a small tree, inflo 5-10 cm, flowers 5-6 mm long, buds globose, flowering in Nov.

I pavetta, a medium sized tree, inflo 10-15 cm, flowers 8-10 mm long, buds ellipsoid, flowering in March.

This plant seems I. pavetta. Regards, Shrikant

On Thu, 25 Feb 2010 11:02:02 +0530 wrote

>Forwarding again for Id confirmation or otherwise pl.

Earlier relevant feedback:

“... not very confident, the flowers here seem to have the corolla tube's length more than 5 mm, about 10 mm, thus must be Ixora pavetta.

Please refer earlier discussion on I. pavetta at http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix/browse_thread/thread/5ce30daa7c9956b6?hl=en

Waiting for Shrikant ji to post photos of I. brachiata, (a smaller plant relatively) to find out how different the inflorescence is from I. pavetta.

Please wait for more comment(s).”