Requesting a tree id_01: 140323

Sachin Bhaskar

Mar 14, 2023, 9:55:22 AM3/14/23
to efloraofindia
Dear community,

The attached specimen is a tree with alternate leaves and the flowers (inflorescence, what appears to me as catkins) are borne on axillary stalks.

This tree is commonly found in the forests of the peppara wildlife sanctuary and adjacent areas upto Braemore.

Sachin Bhaskar

IMG_20230213_114849.jpg

Saroj Kasaju

Mar 14, 2023, 10:33:37 AM3/14/23
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Sachin Bhaskar, J.M. Garg
Alnus nepalensis D.Don !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Mar 16, 2023, 5:41:09 AM3/16/23
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Sachin Bhaskar, Saroj Kasaju
Yes, it is (But it is an exotic in the area) as per images at
https://efloraofindia.com/2011/02/04/alnus-nepalensis/

With regards,
J.M.Garg

Saroj Kasaju

Mar 16, 2023, 6:08:03 AM3/16/23
to J.M. Garg, indian...@googlegroups.com, Sachin Bhaskar

Thank you Mr. Garg !

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Mar 16, 2023, 6:16:24 AM3/16/23
to Sachin Bhaskar, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
Pl. see Flora of Peninsular India
Also see Robi ji's remarks at ID Request- Munnar-PKA12

On Thu, 16 Mar 2023 at 15:37, Sachin Bhaskar <sachinbh...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear Both,

I saw quite some individuals of these trees in the mid elevation forests of Braemore and adjacent forests. I'm not very sure if they are exotic there!

Any help from someone on this would be appreciated.

Sachin Bhaskar

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Mar 16, 2023, 6:23:54 AM3/16/23
to Sachin Bhaskar, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
India Biodiversity Portal says "Raised in plantations in the High Ranges"
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg