040910vks5

vinay kumar singh

Sep 4, 2010, 1:05:36 PM9/4/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com

Dear all
I am posting this common plant for ID from JNU, New Delhi. Earlier i send the similar plant that was identified as Ceropegia sp. but leaves of earlier post were different from this. ID please.
Regards
Vinay

IMG_0185 (800x534).jpg
IMG_0178 (800x534).jpg
IMG_0183 (800x534).jpg
IMG_0184 (800x534).jpg

ajinkya gadave

Sep 4, 2010, 1:27:40 PM9/4/10
to vinay kumar singh, indian...@googlegroups.com

a request from me please don't remove plants from the soil like this .

tanay bose

Sep 4, 2010, 3:36:57 PM9/4/10
to ajinkya gadave, vinay kumar singh, indian...@googlegroups.com
I will also request the same as Ajinkya Ji
tanay

--
Tanay Bose
Research Assistant & Teaching Assistant

sugandha shetye

Sep 5, 2010, 12:56:37 AM9/5/10
to efloraofindia
This looks like Ceropegia bulbosa, commomnly found on slopes
>  IMG_0185 (800x534).jpg
> 163KViewDownload
>
>  IMG_0178 (800x534).jpg
> 171KViewDownload
>
>  IMG_0183 (800x534).jpg
> 174KViewDownload
>
>  IMG_0184 (800x534).jpg
> 177KViewDownload

Navendu

Sep 5, 2010, 8:02:47 AM9/5/10
to efloraofindia
The leaves of C.bulbosa are extremely variable. They vary from being
broad elliptic lanceolate to very narrow linear lanceolate. I think
based on these some people even treat these as different varieties.

navendu