Capsella bursa-pastoris, the Shepherd's purse from Kashmir

Gurcharan Singh

Jul 12, 2010, 1:04:43 AM7/12/10
to efloraofindia
Capsella bursa-pastoris, the Shepherd's purse from Kashmir, when in rosette stage we would cook it as delicious vegetable along with Taraxacum officinale and Cichorium intybus.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Capsella-bursapastoris-Kashmir-a.jpg
Capsella-bursapastoris-Kashmir-b.jpg
Capsella-bursapastoris-Kashmir-c.jpg

tanay bose

Jul 12, 2010, 1:51:38 AM7/12/10
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
I catch of the Shephers's Purse , I was introduced to this plant by Embryology , we had embryonic development of this plant in our B.Sc
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)

Ritesh Choudhary

Jul 12, 2010, 1:55:31 AM7/12/10
to efloraofindia
A medicinal plant. Used in the Homoeopathic Materia Medica. Generally
for the removal of gallbladder/kidney stones.

Regards,
Ritesh.