Grass for ID: SPC-012

Sonia Chauhan

Sep 18, 2012, 12:02:35 PM9/18/12
to Efloraindia
Dear all,

Please help to identify this grass from a house garden in Baroda. This one was flowering when the pictures were taken around three weeks back.

--
Regards,

Sonia Chauhan

SPC_012_unid-grass-i.jpg
SPC_012_unid-grass-ii.jpg

jmgarg1

Sep 26, 2012, 5:33:45 AM9/26/12
to efloraofindia, Sonia Chauhan, crazyg...@gmail.com, tanvee...@gmail.com, pch...@gmail.com, mug...@gmail.com, nirbh...@rediffmail.com, pritis...@gmail.com, mach...@gmail.com, girish...@gmail.com

Regards,

Sonia Chauhan

With regards,
J.M.Garg
For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1950 members & 1,27,800 messages on 31/8/12) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of more than 7000 species).

SPC_012_unid-grass-i.jpg
SPC_012_unid-grass-ii.jpg

Rohit Patel

Sep 26, 2012, 7:03:22 AM9/26/12
to jmgarg1, efloraofindia, Sonia Chauhan, crazyg...@gmail.com, tanvee...@gmail.com, pch...@gmail.com, mug...@gmail.com, nirbh...@rediffmail.com, pritis...@gmail.com, mach...@gmail.com, girish...@gmail.com
May some Cenchrus sp. ???????

DR. ROHITKUMAR MANGALBHAI PATEL, PhD
Sr. RESEARCH ASSOCIATE
GUJARAT INSTITUTE OF DESERT ECOLOGY
P.C.# 83, MUNDRA ROAD,
OPP., CHANGLESHWER TEMPLE
BHUJ-KACHCHH-370001
GUJARAT, INDIA
MO.NO.:- 09724337687

Sonia Chauhan

Sep 27, 2012, 11:50:56 PM9/27/12
to Rohit Patel, jmgarg1, efloraofindia
Thank you Rohit ji for the lead. Thanks Garg ji for reposting this thread.
--
Regards,

Sonia Chauhan

manoj chandran

Oct 1, 2012, 3:23:07 AM10/1/12
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Should be Cenchrus pennisetiformis

Sonia Chauhan

Oct 2, 2012, 11:06:16 AM10/2/12
to manoj chandran, indian...@googlegroups.com
Thank you so much Manoj ji for the identification.

--
Regards,

Sonia Chauhan