Is this Pyrus pashia

Rashida Atthar

May 28, 2010, 11:00:55 AM5/28/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Sir the leaves and fruits pics  I mentioned in your mail of Pyrus pashia seen at Ulvi WLS, Karnataka in the last week of April, '10. Request validation or otherwise  of the same.  Thank you.

regards,
Rashida.

UNID1.JPG
UNID2.JPG
UNID3.JPG
UNID4.JPG

Gurcharan Singh

May 28, 2010, 11:13:11 AM5/28/10
to Rashida Atthar, indian...@googlegroups.com
Not really rashida ji
The leaves are compound mostly trifoliate. Pyrus has simple leaves. Could this be some species of Crateva?

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

tanay bose

May 28, 2010, 11:15:51 AM5/28/10
to Gurcharan Singh, Rashida Atthar, indian...@googlegroups.com

Sir are you pointing towards Crateva religiosa, fruits and leaves are very close to it!!
Tanay

--
Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)

Rashida Atthar

May 28, 2010, 11:21:16 AM5/28/10
to tanay bose, Gurcharan Singh, indian...@googlegroups.com
Ok, Thanks a lot Dr. Gurcharan ji and Tanay ji. Shall await further confirmation.

regards,
Rashida.

tanay bose

May 28, 2010, 11:23:03 AM5/28/10
to Rashida Atthar, Gurcharan Singh, indian...@googlegroups.com
Hopefully we will have to for other members to respond !!quite interesting plant
Tanay

Gurcharan Singh

May 28, 2010, 11:33:01 AM5/28/10
to tanay bose, Rashida Atthar, indian...@googlegroups.com
We will have to look for other options as some leaves are with five leaflets.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Smilax004

May 29, 2010, 8:43:24 AM5/29/10
to efloraofindia
Dear all,

Could be Turpinia malabarica (Stephyleaceae)

Regards
Giby

On May 28, 8:33 pm, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> We will have to look for other options as some leaves are with five
> leaflets.
>
> --
> Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> Retired  Associate Professor
>

> On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 8:53 PM, tanay bose <tanaybos...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hopefully we will have to for other members to respond !!quite interesting
> > plant
> > Tanay
>
> > On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 8:51 PM, Rashida Atthar <atthar.rash...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> >> Ok, Thanks a lot Dr. Gurcharan ji and Tanay ji. Shall await further
> >> confirmation.
>
> >> regards,
> >> Rashida.

Rashida Atthar

May 29, 2010, 10:39:44 AM5/29/10
to Smilax004, efloraofindia
Thanks a lot Giby ji for the possible ID. Could find one type specimen of the same from Kew herbarium, have attached the same. Hope it helps in resolving the ID.

regards,
Rashida.

Turpinia malabarica type specimen kew.jpg

Rashida Atthar

Jun 8, 2010, 10:25:42 AM6/8/10
to Smilax004, efloraofindia
Dr. Gurcharan ji, Tanay ji, Giby ji , Dr. Swapna  informs me that  the ID of this plant has been confirmed by  Dr. Sachin Punekar who has worked in this area as what  Giby ji had  suggested Turpinia malabarica. Thanks to all.

regards,
Rashida.