534 ID wild tree

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Feb 25, 2024, 5:20:57 AMFeb 25
to efloraofindia

Please ID wild tree, with regards, Sam.

Location: bloomed near Vannappuram Thodupuzha Idukki Kerala INDIA

Altitude: 1500fsl

Flower date: 24FEB2024, 05.15pm

Habitat: wild moisture rocky misty sloppy alpine

Plant habit: tree, erect branches, hard woody cylindrical stem 20 inches base circumference, rough brownish bark, purplish sprouts

Height: 04 meters

Leaves: alternate even pinnate, 03 paired leaflets opposite elliptic acute simple glossy wavy margins, size upto: 15×7cm

Flower: terminally/axillary panicles spike inflorescence, clustered, diameter:03mm, green, good fragrant

Fruit:

Seed:

Camera: CANON EOS1500D +FL10x
20240224171705_IMG_1012.JPG
20240224171802_IMG_1014.JPG
20240224171743_IMG_1013.JPG
20240224172405_IMG_1033.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Feb 25, 2024, 5:23:14 AMFeb 25
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20240224172239_IMG_1026.JPG
20240224172050_IMG_1020.JPG
20240224172041_IMG_1019.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Feb 25, 2024, 5:24:37 AMFeb 25
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20240224172717_IMG_1038.JPG
20240224172746_IMG_1041.JPG
20240224172217_IMG_1025.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Feb 25, 2024, 5:26:56 AMFeb 25
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20240224172818_IMG_1043.JPG
20240224172500_IMG_1036.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Feb 25, 2024, 5:28:09 AMFeb 25
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20240224172354_IMG_1032.JPG
20240224172448_IMG_1035.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Feb 25, 2024, 5:31:13 AMFeb 25
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20240224172101_IMG_1021.JPG
20240224172336_IMG_1031.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Feb 25, 2024, 5:32:17 AMFeb 25
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20240224172322_IMG_1030.JPG
20240224172448_IMG_1035.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Feb 25, 2024, 5:34:46 AMFeb 25
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20240224172315_IMG_1029.JPG
20240224172841_IMG_1046.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Feb 25, 2024, 5:36:22 AMFeb 25
to efloraofindia
Sharing an image
20240224172858_IMG_1047.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Feb 25, 2024, 5:46:08 AMFeb 25
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Sam Kuzhalanattu, J.M. Garg
Spondias indica (Wight & Arn.) Airy Shaw & Forman ??
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Feb 25, 2024, 6:42:30 AMFeb 25
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia, J.M. Garg
Leaves are not matching dear Saroj ji,
With kind regards, Sam.

Saroj Kasaju

Feb 25, 2024, 7:54:13 AMFeb 25
to Sam Kuzhalanattu, efloraofindia, J.M. Garg
OK Sam !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Smita Raskar

Feb 25, 2024, 9:07:26 AMFeb 25
to indian...@googlegroups.com, J.M. Garg, Sam Kuzhalanattu
Check Schlerichera oleosa
Regards

Smita Raskar
406, Dwarkamai Building No.2,
Forest Office Road,
Salaiwada,Sawantwadi
Mob.09422379568

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Feb 25, 2024, 9:43:47 AMFeb 25
to Smita Raskar, efloraofindia, J.M. Garg, Saroj Kasaju
Dear Smita ji,
It's leaves are very close to Schlerichera oleosa, but flower arrangement, size, pedicel and anther are not matching, please check collage, right is mine.  With kind regards, Sam.
20240225_200107.jpg

Smita Raskar

Feb 25, 2024, 9:47:29 AMFeb 25
to Sam Kuzhalanattu, J.M. Garg, Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia
Oh actually it looks totally different
Sorry for wrong observation

Smita Raskar
406, Dwarkamai Building No.2,
Forest Office Road,
Salaiwada,Sawantwadi
Mob.09422379568

vip...@gmail.com

Feb 27, 2024, 9:54:34 AMFeb 27
to efloraofindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu, Smita Raskar, J.M. Garg, Saroj Kasaju

I think it is Schleichera oleosa all right.

From what I've been seeing, several individuals of S. oleosa tend to go through a spell of dominant male flowers followed by a bisexual phase. Some of the details you have pointed out can vary; there are instances of long-stalked flowers (both male & bisexual) in the eFI archives also. The variation in the length of the staminal filament can be seen in this photograph.

Best wishes, Viplav

J.M. Garg

Feb 27, 2024, 10:42:10 AMFeb 27
to vip...@gmail.com, efloraofindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu, Smita Raskar, Saroj Kasaju
Thanks, Viplav ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Feb 27, 2024, 11:46:11 AMFeb 27
to J.M. Garg, vip...@gmail.com, efloraofindia, Smita Raskar, Saroj Kasaju
Yes, it is Schleichera oleosa dear Viplav ji, thank you very much for ID confirmation of my tree and detailed description, with kind regards, Sam.

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Feb 27, 2024, 11:47:10 AMFeb 27
to J.M. Garg, vip...@gmail.com, efloraofindia, Smita Raskar, Saroj Kasaju
Thank you very much dear Smita ji for the identification of my tree, with kind regards, Sam.