27012011GS1 ornamental from California for ID

Gurcharan Singh

Jan 27, 2011, 10:40:59 AM1/27/11
to efloraofindia
27012011GS1 ornamental from California for ID. This ornamental was found growing in a Garden in California. The plant, a small her with pinnately cut leaves,  with four fimbriate free petals, and 4 (-5) fused carpels, free towards the tip, style emerging from between the tips of carpels. I am unable to place it.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Dubia-5-California-1.jpg
Dubia-5-California-2.jpg
Dubia-5-California-3.jpg
Dubia-5-California-4.jpg

Nidhan Singh

Jan 27, 2011, 10:53:52 AM1/27/11
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Dear Sir,
If I am getting it right, this can be Ruta graveolens.
Regards,
--
Dr. Nidhan Singh
Department of Botany

Gurcharan Singh

Jan 27, 2011, 11:21:40 AM1/27/11
to Nidhan Singh, efloraofindia
Thanks a lot Nidhan ji, you are right on spot.
Thanks again.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Mahadeswara

Jan 28, 2011, 8:44:13 AM1/28/11
to efloraofindia
Very common plant in South Karnataka. I have one in my house. This
plant is grown as a repellent for snakes.
>  Dubia-5-California-1.jpg
> 247KViewDownload
>
>  Dubia-5-California-2.jpg
> 224KViewDownload
>
>  Dubia-5-California-3.jpg
> 436KViewDownload
>
>  Dubia-5-California-4.jpg
> 382KViewDownload

Pankaj Kumar

Jan 29, 2011, 12:02:19 PM1/29/11
to Mahadeswara, efloraofindia
Yeah it has a very strong smell....
Ruta graveolens.
Pankaj

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Research Associate
Department of Habitat Ecology
Wildlife Institute of India
Post Box # 18
Dehradun - 248001, India

JM Garg

Jun 12, 2020, 5:45:07 AM6/12/20
to efloraofindia, GurcharanSingh, Nidhan Singh, Dr. Pankaj Kumar, M Swamy
This should be Ruta chalepensis as per details herein.
Dubia-5-California-1.jpg
Dubia-5-California-2.jpg
Dubia-5-California-3.jpg
Dubia-5-California-4.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Jun 12, 2020, 9:07:58 AM6/12/20
to JM Garg, efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh, Dr. Pankaj Kumar, M Swamy
Garg ji
You are truly great, I just checked Bailey, Manual of cultivated Plants
1. Ruta graveolens: Petals entire or toothed, capsule lobes obtuse
2. Ruta chalapensis. Petals fringed, capsule lobes acute
It fits perfectly, thanks once again.

Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

J.M. Garg

Jun 12, 2020, 9:49:12 AM6/12/20
to efloraofindia, M Swamy, GurcharanSingh
Thanks, Mahadeswara ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Jun 12, 2020, 9:49:28 AM6/12/20
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh, Dr. Pankaj Kumar, M Swamy
Thanks, Singh ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg