Grasshopper

Anand Kumar Bhatt

Aug 22, 2010, 10:34:18 AM8/22/10
to indiantreepix
One of the worst enemies of my garden. It especially loves Plumeria leaves.
ak

--
Anand Kumar Bhatt
A-59, B.S.F.Colony, Airport Road

Anand Kumar Bhatt

Aug 22, 2010, 10:36:45 AM8/22/10
to indiantreepix
I just sent the photographs of grasshoppers. What is the best way to eliminate them?

mani nair

Aug 22, 2010, 10:38:25 AM8/22/10
to Anand Kumar Bhatt, indiantreepix
Anand ji, Try spraying neem with soap solution once a week on the leaves.  It will go away.

All the best.

Mani.

Pankaj Kumar

Aug 22, 2010, 10:48:45 AM8/22/10
to Anand Kumar Bhatt, indiantreepix
Happy couple....
Pankaj

On Sun, Aug 22, 2010 at 8:04 PM, Anand Kumar Bhatt

Nayan Singh

Aug 22, 2010, 11:32:30 AM8/22/10
to Anand Kumar Bhatt, indiantreepix
They are Painted Grasshoper
thanks
Nayan.
N.S.Dungriyal IFS
Chief Conservator of Forests
and Field Director
Satpura Tiger Reserve Hoshangabad
M.P.
09424792100

Aug 22, 2010, 2:07:07 PM8/22/10
to Yazdy Palia, Nayan Singh, Anand Kumar Bhatt, indiantreepix
Its funny but keeping fowl is one of the best options.... They are
voracious feeders of these grasshoppers.
In return you will get eggs too :) and dont forget the chicken :p.
Regards
Pankaj

Neil Soares

Aug 22, 2010, 2:16:04 PM8/22/10
to indiantreepix, Anand Kumar Bhatt
Hi Mr.Bhatt,
  This is the Painted Grasshopper. Have seen it on Rui [Giant Milkweed, Calotropis sp.] and Nirgudi [Vitex nugendo, the Common Chaste tree]. It is generally not predated upon as it is distasteful since it extracts alkalloids from plants.
   Sending you a few photographs and Good Luck in your quest.
                           With regards,
                             Neil Soares.

I just sent the photographs of grasshoppers. What is the best way to eliminate them?
Painted Grasshopper 1.jpg
Painted Grasshoppers mating.jpg
Painted Grasshopper 2.jpg