Request for ID 080809 Sinthan Pass 6

Swagat

Sep 8, 2009, 10:56:25 PM9/8/09
to indiantreepix
Dear all,

Location- On the way... from Kookar Nag to Sinthan Pass, Jammu & Kashmir.
Date- 08th August 2009.

Thanks in advance,

~Swagat
9223217568

080809-Swagat-SinthanPass6A.jpg
080809-Swagat-SinthanPass6B.jpg
080809-Swagat-SinthanPass6C.jpg

MAX OVERTON

Sep 9, 2009, 12:36:00 AM9/9/09
to swaga...@gmail.com, Indian tree pics
What beautiful blue flowers! I love blue flowers. Are they a species of forget-me-not perhaps? Myosotis sp. They look a lot like it. Family Boraginaceae.

Max

Novels by Max and/or Ariana Overton http://www.maxoverton.com

The Lion of Scythia Trilogy - EPPIE winners 2005 and 2006
The Glass House Trilogy (Eppie finalists), A Cry of Shadows, The Devil is in the Details,  Trapdoor, Tapestry
Scarab - Akhenaten (Book 1 of the Amarnan Kings), Scarab - Smenkhkare (Book 2 of the Amarnan Kings),
Scarab - Tutankhamen (Book 3 of the Amarnan Kings), Scarab - Ay (Book 4 of the Amarnan Kings), Rakshasa, Glass Continuum, Ascension
Works in Progress: Djinn, Scarab - Horemheb (Book 5 of the Amarnan Kings)

Also check out http://julesphotographiccreations.blogspot.com/

Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 08:26:25 +0530
Subject: [indiantreepix:18015] Request for ID 080809 Sinthan Pass 6
From: swaga...@gmail.com
To: indian...@googlegroups.com

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 9, 2009, 7:06:46 AM9/9/09
to Swagat, indiantreepix
Dear Swagat
It appears to me as Cynoglossum zeylonicum

Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Associate Professor
SGTB Khalsa College
University of Delhi, Delhi
India
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45
"What beautiful blue flowers! I love blue flowers. Are they a species of forget-me-not perhaps? Myosotis sp. They look a lot like it. Family Boraginaceae.
Max"
"Dear Swagat
It appears to me as Cynoglossum zeylonicum
Dr. Gurcharan Singh"
"Probably Myosotis sp.
--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh"

"Hi,
It is Forgot me not
Thanks" from Pravin ji.

"Paracarium malabarica" from Avinash ji.

"What beautiful blue flowers! I love blue flowers. Are they a species of forget-me-not perhaps? Myosotis sp. They look a lot like it. Family Boraginaceae.
Max"

"Dear Swagat
It appears to me as Cynoglossum zeylonicum
Dr. Gurcharan Singh"

"Probably Myosotis sp.
--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh"

"Hi,
It is Forgot me not
Thanks" from Pravin ji.

"Paracarium malabarica" from Avinash ji.

"Why not Paracaryopsis malabarica
from Boraginaceae?" from Satish ji

Oct 25, 2009, 10:52:00 AM10/25/09
to J.M. Garg, indiantreepix, Swagat, Max Overton, avinas...@gmail.com, Pravin Kawale
I wish there were some fruits for conclusive determination, but blue scales as against white or yellow in Myosotis, point to Cynoglossum zeylonicum.

Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Associate Professor
SGTB Khalsa College
University of Delhi, Delhi