ID for this tree

kaysat tiwari

Apr 17, 2008, 11:32:24 AM4/17/08
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear All,
I photographed this plant in Dec here in Bandhavgarh. Locals do not know any local name for it so I am sorry to provide local name for it.
May I request you all to help in ID.
Thanks.
satyendra

--
Satyendra K.Tiwari.
Wildlife Photographer, Naturalist, Tour Leader

Mahadeswara Swamy

Apr 17, 2008, 11:19:43 PM4/17/08
to kaysat tiwari, treepix Indian
Dear  Sri Tiwari,
The plant is tentatively identified as the Clitoria ternata, called the butterfly -pea, belonging to the pea family (Fabaceae).  It is a climber, bearing blue or purple or white flowers, single or double.  It is a hardy perennial by nature but raised and grown as an annual from seeds every year.  Also grown in beds as ground cover  or against small trellis.   You may watch for the flowers and send the photographs for confirmation.
Dr. Mahadeswara swamy

Check out the all-new face of Yahoo! India. Click here.

Anand Kumar Bhatt

Apr 17, 2008, 11:48:13 PM4/17/08
to kaysat tiwari, indian...@googlegroups.com
Looks like Indian laburnum.. But  I am not sure.
akbhatt

J.M. Garg

Apr 18, 2008, 11:27:10 AM4/18/08
to Anand Kumar Bhatt, kaysat tiwari, indian...@googlegroups.com