Ipomoea indica Ipomoea nil
1. Stems appressed pubescent, sometimes rooting at nodes 1. Stems covered with long spreading hairs.
2. Leaves pubescent with short hairs 2. Leaves with long spreading hairs
3. Infl. Several flowered in dense umbellate cymes. 3. Inf. 1-few flowered.
4. Bracts linear or lanceolate. 4. Bracts linear or filiform
5. Sepals subequal, gradually linear-acuminate, 5. Sepal almost equal, with spreading long hairs on outside
appressed pilose, outer 3 lanceolate to broadly near base, subglabrous above with linear tip
lanceolate, inner 2 narrowly lanceolate.
6. Corolla blue or bluish-purple aging to red, 5-7 cm long. 6. Corolla pale to bright blue with white tube, fading pinkish
with age, 3-5 cm long
7. Capsule 10-13 mm across. 7. Capsule 8-10 mm across
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired Associate Professor
SGTB Khalsa College, University of Delhi, Delhi-110007
Res: 932 Anand Kunj, Vikas Puri, New Delhi-110018.
Phone: 011-25518297 Mob: 9810359089