id please - 30012010_Goa_SSN_9

shubhada nikharge

Feb 4, 2010, 1:32:24 AM2/4/10
to indian tree pix
Hi,
request for id. i am aware it is difficult to id grasses.
pics were taken at Swapnagandha resort, Chorla Ghat, Goa on 30th Jan2010.
Cheers,
Shubhada

"I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; I will not refuse to do the something I can do."

2010_0131_goa_0049 e.JPG
2010_0131_goa_0056 e.JPG

Dinesh Valke

Feb 4, 2010, 1:45:25 AM2/4/10
to shubhada nikharge, indian tree pix
... probably ornamental grass, the umbrella sedge, Cyperus alternifolius ... native of Madagascar, Reunion Island, Mauritius

Regards.

J.M. Garg

Mar 4, 2010, 12:20:49 AM3/4/10
to efloraofindia, shubhada nikharge, Dinesh Valke, grassman, Rani Bhagat

Earlier relevant feedback:

“... probably ornamental grass, the umbrella sedge, Cyperus alternifolius ... native of Madagascar, Reunion Island, Mauritius
http://www.flowersofindia.net/catalog/slides/Umbrella%20Palm.html” from Dinesh ji.

With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

2010_0131_goa_0049 e.JPG
2010_0131_goa_0056 e.JPG

tanay bose

Mar 4, 2010, 12:54:50 AM3/4/10
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, shubhada nikharge, Dinesh Valke, grassman, Rani Bhagat
Hi all,
This plant is Cyperus alternifolius . I have seen this plant in Panchmari reserve forest in Madhya Pradesh 2 yrs back and also have a herbarium specimen with me.
regards
Tanay

Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)
9830439691(Mobile)
9674221362 (Mobile)

Kenneth Greby

Mar 4, 2010, 1:08:57 AM3/4/10
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, shubhada nikharge, Dinesh Valke, grassman, Rani Bhagat
I concur with Dinesh. It is Cyperus alternifolius.

Regards--
Ken Greby.

Mar 5, 2010, 6:15:51 AM3/5/10
to jmg...@gmail.com, indian...@googlegroups.com, shubhada...@yahoo.co.in, Dinesh Valke, crazyg...@gmail.com, raani...@gmail.com
I feel it is Cyperus alternifolius.
Promila

Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2010 10:50:49 +0530

The best dressed and the most admired Drag n’ drop

JM Garg

Dec 24, 2023, 6:08:02 AM12/24/23
to efloraofindia, shubhada nikharge, DineshValke
Taking it as Cyperus alternifolius subsp. flabelliformis Kük. as per distribution at POWO and Catalogue of Life