Leeches in Ayurveda..

arvind kadus

Sep 3, 2010, 11:51:29 AM9/3/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com
In Ayurveda one of the imp Panchakarma procedures is Raktamokshana. i.e. Blood letting. Leeches are used for this purpose from ancient time. In Ayurveda it is mentioned that in Pittapradhana, skin disorders leeches are used for bloodletting. They suck impure blood from the skin and this helps to cure the disease. We oftenly use the leeches in our daily practice. Here is a clip fr. our clinic.
Dr. Kadus Arvind,Pune.

jaloukavacharana.JPG

tanay bose

Sep 3, 2010, 1:55:35 PM9/3/10