Hydrangea macrophylla from Kashmir

Gurcharan Singh

Jul 2, 2010, 1:37:45 AM7/2/10
to efloraofindia, Flowers of India
Hydrangea macrophylla from Kashmir, commonly grown in Moghul Gardens and elsewhere in Kashmir.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Hydrangea-macrophylla-a.jpg
Hydrangea-macrophylla-b.jpg
Hydrangea-macrophylla-c.jpg

tanay bose

Jul 2, 2010, 1:46:34 AM7/2/10
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, Flowers of India
It clearly shows the difference between Hydrangea macrophylla & Hydrangea arborescens var. grandiflora !!
Tanay

Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)
9830439691(Mobile)

mani nair

Jul 2, 2010, 3:10:00 AM7/2/10
to tanay bose, Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, Flowers of India
I am sending a photo of the Hydrangea shot at the Chashmeshahi gardens, Srinagar.

Regards,

Mani.

hydrangea.jpg

mani nair

Jul 2, 2010, 3:11:52 AM7/2/10
to tanay bose, Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, Flowers of India
I got a hydrangea plant growing in our balcony.  It is a mature one, still it has not yet flowered.  What could be reason?  Is it due to hot climate in Mumbai?

Regards,

Mani.

Gurcharan Singh

Jul 2, 2010, 3:14:24 AM7/2/10
to mani nair, tanay bose, efloraofindia, Flowers of India
Yes Mani ji, hot weather is the culprit. Try giving it shade and good water.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

mani nair

Jul 2, 2010, 3:16:11 AM7/2/10
to Gurcharan Singh, tanay bose, efloraofindia, Flowers of India
Thanks Singhji,   I will do that.

Regards,

Mani.

nabha meghani

Jul 2, 2010, 6:17:33 AM7/2/10
to Gurcharan Singh, mani nair, efloraofindia, Flowers of India
Mani ji,
in my garden, though it is seldom hot (above 35) I had to wait five years, until my plant started flowering. Perhaps along with shade and good water patience and good talking to the plant may bring good results. Yes, talking to the plant, in my experience, is really very helpful.
My plant is showing buds now, will send Fotos when it starts flowering. Wish you good luck!
Nalini

mani nair

Jul 2, 2010, 6:19:13 AM7/2/10
to nabha meghani, Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, Flowers of India
Thanks Naliniji,  my plant is young.  So I think I will have to wait for some more years.
You are right, talking to plants, even I have noticed some changes when we talk to them.

Regards,

Mani.

tanay bose

Jul 2, 2010, 9:29:37 AM7/2/10
to mani nair, nabha meghani, Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, Flowers of India
Dear Mani Ji & All,
The link below is from a website dedicated to Hydrangeas , you can good lot of information regarding the propagation & maintainability of the plant in your garden.

http://www.hydrangeashydrangeas.com/index.html

Regards
Tanay