406 ID wild tree

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jan 6, 2023, 1:18:12 AM1/6/23
to efloraofindia
Please ID wild tree.
It's dry pod easily break when fall on open ground other than grassland, but at the same time the seed in it also divided into two parts at its very centre portion, so I think the propagation of this plant is to be difficult.
With kind regards, Sam.

Location: near Vannappuram, Thodupuzha, Idukki Dist., Kerala PIN:685607

Altitude: 1500fsl

Flower date: 29DEC2022, 01.50pm

Habitat: wild moisture sloppy hill, streamside

Plant habit: tree overgrown, erect, branches, branchlets, hard woody stem 60 inches base circumference, rough flaked brown bark

Height: 09 meters

Leaves: alternate, elliptic, acute, simple, glossy, lite wavy margins, size upto:16×6cm

Flower: axillary spike racemose, clustered, diameter:07mm, off-white, good fragrance

Fruit: drupe, green into brown, ovoid, size:23×15mm

Seed: brown, single, ovoid, size:20×12mm

Camera: CANON EOS1500D +FL10x
20221229135147_IMG_5582.JPG
20221229135821_IMG_5596.JPG
20221229135705_IMG_5592.JPG
20221229134608_IMG_5571.JPG
20221229140127_IMG_5600.JPG
20221229135901_IMG_5598.JPG
20221229135940_IMG_5599.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jan 6, 2023, 1:23:51 AM1/6/23
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20221229134747_IMG_5575.JPG
20221229134718_IMG_5573.JPG
20221229140157_IMG_5601.JPG
20221229141137_IMG_5620.JPG
20221229140923_IMG_5615.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jan 6, 2023, 1:27:08 AM1/6/23
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20221229141422_IMG_5624.JPG
20221229141030_IMG_5617.JPG
20221229141505_IMG_5626.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jan 6, 2023, 1:30:08 AM1/6/23
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20221229141214_IMG_5622.JPG
20221229141505_IMG_5626.JPG
20221229141521_IMG_5627.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jan 6, 2023, 1:31:54 AM1/6/23
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20221229141615_IMG_5629.JPG
20221229141546_IMG_5628.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jan 6, 2023, 1:33:30 AM1/6/23
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20221229141835_IMG_5637.JPG
20221229141823_IMG_5636.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jan 6, 2023, 1:36:30 AM1/6/23
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20221229140621_IMG_5612.JPG
20221229141912_IMG_5639.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jan 6, 2023, 1:38:57 AM1/6/23
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20221229140230_IMG_5602.JPG
20221229142017_IMG_5642.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jan 6, 2023, 1:42:16 AM1/6/23
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20230106085330_IMG_6151.JPG
20221229141859_IMG_5638.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jan 6, 2023, 1:44:19 AM1/6/23
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20230106085409_IMG_6152.JPG
20221229142130_IMG_5644.JPG

J.M. Garg

Jan 6, 2023, 1:52:33 AM1/6/23
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Sam Kuzhalanattu
Inflorescence looks similar to images at Terminalia, but fruit looks different.

With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Jan 6, 2023, 2:20:11 AM1/6/23
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Sam Kuzhalanattu
Fruit shape reminds me of Euphorbiaceae
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jan 6, 2023, 2:41:04 AM1/6/23
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Dear Garg ji,
Yes, inflorescence is very close to Terminalia. Observed from outside, only fruits are different when compared with fruits of both plants. I got unripen fruit image of the said tree already in September, and I am waiting for its flower images till the December. Leaves of Terminalia is purely ovoid. Also having closeups of Terminalia inflorescence,  the same will be posted as soon as possible for reference.
With kind regards, Sam.

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jan 6, 2023, 2:52:25 AM1/6/23
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Dear Garg ji,
Yes, your suggestion of fruit shape of Euphorbiaceae is very correct and the said fruit is bi-lobed, but only one seed in it.
With kind regards, Sam.

Smita Raskar

Jan 6, 2023, 3:44:37 AM1/6/23
to indian...@googlegroups.com, J.M. Garg
Check Prunus ceylanica

--
Smita Raskar
308 Disha Residency,

J.M. Garg

Jan 6, 2023, 3:55:24 AM1/6/23
to Smita Raskar, efloraofindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu
Thanks a lot, Smita ji, for I'd.
Yes, appears close as per images at

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jan 6, 2023, 4:48:56 AM1/6/23
to J.M. Garg, Smita Raskar, efloraofindia
Yes it is Prunus ceylanica, dear Smita ji, thank you very much for ID my plant, with kind regards, Sam.