65 Identify wild plant

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Mar 30, 2021, 2:00:02 PM3/30/21
to efloraofindia

Dear Members,

Please identify the wild plant, with kind regards, Sam.

Name of plant:

Location:         near Reserve Forest,

                        Chathamattom, Ernakulam

                        District, Kerala PIN:686671

Date:.               29.03.2021, 09.40am

Altitude:           1700fsl

Habitat:            wild moisture dry paddy

                        field/ridges

Plant habit:      erect hairy annual weak stem

Height:             13cm

Leaves:            opposite oblong apex

Flower:             4 petals diameter:03mm,

                         purple non fragrant

65 Identify wild plant
20210329_093951.jpg
20210329_094027.jpg
20210329_093924.jpg
20210330_095302.jpg
20210329_093907.jpg
20210329_094010.jpg
20210329_093144.jpg
20210329_092656.jpg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Mar 30, 2021, 2:05:01 PM3/30/21
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images.
20210330_095130.jpg
20210329_094200.jpg
20210329_093817.jpg
20210329_093700.jpg
20210330_100550.jpg
20210330_100330.jpg

Paradesi Anjaneyulu

Mar 30, 2021, 2:07:43 PM3/30/21
to efloraofindia
Striga,
With regards.

Mailtrack Sender notified by
Mailtrack 03/30/21, 11:36:54 PM

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Mar 31, 2021, 1:56:06 AM3/31/21
to efloraofindia, Paradesi Anjaneyulu
Yes, it is Striga purple.  Thank you Paradesi ji.  My favorite plant because it's small size, beautiful flower and design.  Here it has only 3 months growth, when continues raining it will be perish.  I am in one year waiting for Striga!!!  Regards, Sam.

Saroj Kasaju

Mar 31, 2021, 3:25:06 AM3/31/21
to efloraindia, Paradesi Anjaneyulu

Striga asiatica (L.) Kuntze ??

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Apr 3, 2021, 7:57:35 AM4/3/21
to efloraofindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu
Morphologically similar to images at Striga asiatica
But I did not find such colour.
May be Prabhu ji, can guide us in its id.

65 Identify wild plant
20210329_093951.jpg
20210329_094027.jpg
20210329_093924.jpg
20210330_095302.jpg
20210329_093907.jpg
20210329_094010.jpg
20210329_093144.jpg
20210329_092656.jpg

J.M. Garg

Apr 3, 2021, 7:58:38 AM4/3/21
to efloraofindia
More images.

Apr 3, 2021, 9:09:28 AM4/3/21
to J.M. Garg, Saroj Kasaju, Paradesi Anjaneyulu, efloraofindia
Dear Garg ji, Saroj ji, Paradesi ji, Prabhu ji, all Members,
Yes, it is Garg ji.
Thank you very much for identified the wild plant, kind regards, Sam.

Saroj Kasaju

Apr 3, 2021, 9:28:54 AM4/3/21
to Sam Kuzhalanattu, J.M. Garg, Paradesi Anjaneyulu, efloraofindia
Mr. Garg : Striga asiatica (L.) Kuntze
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Apr 3, 2021, 10:02:43 AM4/3/21
to Saroj Kasaju, Sam Kuzhalanattu, Paradesi Anjaneyulu, efloraofindia
Yes, I have seen the red colour, but not the pink one.

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

J.M. Garg

Apr 7, 2021, 7:44:47 AM4/7/21
to Saroj Kasaju, Sam Kuzhalanattu, Paradesi Anjaneyulu, efloraofindia
In one of the images by Sam ji, I see the red colour.
Mobile cameras do not sometimes capture the true colours.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Apr 7, 2021, 10:03:36 AM4/7/21
to J.M. Garg, Saroj Kasaju, Paradesi Anjaneyulu, efloraofindia
Dear Garg ji,
No, Garg ji, the side view Striga seems in red colour because of capturing in brightness  and exposure decreased mode. It is not red, it is pink.  In 2020 April, more than 200 plants, fewer white also (I think it is some genetic disorder) grown here. This year I see only 5 plants, all are blooming pink flowers.  Please check the habitat and scale images, regards, Sam.

J.M. Garg

Apr 7, 2021, 10:17:27 AM4/7/21
to Sam Kuzhalanattu, Saroj Kasaju, Paradesi Anjaneyulu, efloraofindia
Ok, Sam ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Apr 7, 2021, 10:28:17 AM4/7/21
to J.M. Garg, Saroj Kasaju, Paradesi Anjaneyulu, efloraofindia
Thank you Garg ji, please find the screen shot of details, regards, Sam.
Screenshot_20210407-195408_Gallery.jpg

Dr. Prabhukumar KM

Apr 12, 2021, 6:15:21 PM4/12/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Yes,
Striga asiatica only.
--
Dr. Prabhukumar K.M.
Senior Scientist

J.M. Garg

Apr 12, 2021, 9:25:36 PM4/12/21
to Dr. Prabhukumar KM, efloraofindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu
Thanks, Prabhu Kumar ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Apr 13, 2021, 2:05:31 AM4/13/21
to J.M. Garg, Dr. Prabhukumar KM, efloraofindia
Thanks a lot Prabhukumar ji, kind regards, Sam.

Saroj Kasaju

Apr 13, 2021, 3:27:25 AM4/13/21
to efloraindia, J.M. Garg, Dr. Prabhukumar KM

Thank you Dr. Prabhukumar !

Saroj Kasaju