Flora at my farm in Hyderabad - Please ID this tree

Raptor Conservation

Aug 11, 2010, 1:06:48 PM8/11/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

I''m trying to make a list of the flora at my farm on the outkirts of Hyderabad. I'm a real novice with flora and finding this task difficult. I'm using 'Forest Flora of Hyderabad"' by Md. Sharfuddin Khan; have made a list of some using this book with the help of vernacular names, but finding difficulty with many species. I thought the best way is to click pictures and take help of the experienced people on indiantreepix.

Attaching a series of pictures of a tree that is quite common in my farm; not gregarious and have this species widely scattered all over; some are big and some are small.

Will appreciate your help in identifying this species.

Thanks.

Best regards,
Dr.Pranay Rao Juvvadi,
General Secretary, Raptor Conservation Foundation,
1-10-63/4, Chikoti Gardens, Begumpet,
Hyderabad-500 016,
Andhra Pradesh, India.
Mobile No: (091) 9866978785
Email: raptorc...@yahoo.com

Species 1 a.jpg
Species 1 b.jpg
Species 1 c.jpg
Species 1 d.jpg
Species 1 e.jpg

Neil Soares

Aug 11, 2010, 1:48:22 PM8/11/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Raptor Conservation
Hi Dr. Juwadi,
   This is Dhaman [Grewia tiliaefolia].
                 With regards,
                   Neil Soares.

tanay bose

Aug 11, 2010, 2:09:00 PM8/11/10
to Neil Soares, indian...@googlegroups.com, Raptor Conservation
Grewia tiliaefolia indeed
tanay

--
Tanay Bose
Research Assistant & Teaching Assistant

JM Garg

Dec 10, 2017, 3:29:45 AM12/10/17
to efloraofindia, MayurNandikar, Lalithamba Avadhanam, Raptor Conservation, Neil Soares
Forwarding again for validation as Grewia tiliifolia Vahl or otherwise pl.
Species 1 a.jpg
Species 1 b.jpg
Species 1 c.jpg
Species 1 d.jpg
Species 1 e.jpg

mayur nandikar

Dec 10, 2017, 10:29:30 PM12/10/17
to JM Garg, efloraofindia, Lalithamba Avadhanam, Raptor Conservation, Neil Soares
Dear all,
For me, it appears to be a Grewia tiliifolia.
One of the variable Grewia species.

sincerely

Mayur D. Nandikar (Ph.D. Botany)
Head Scientist,
Naoroji Godrej Centre for Plant Research (NGCPR)
c/o Lawkim Motors Division
431, Village Shindewadi, Post Shirwal,
Dist: Satara, Maharashtra, India 412 801
Office 02169-244401 (Ext 640)
www.ngcpr.org

Scopus ID 36495332200
ORCID ID: orcid.org/0000-0001-8626-3669

J.M. Garg

Dec 10, 2017, 11:05:46 PM12/10/17
to MayurNandikar, efloraofindia, Lalithamba Avadhanam, Raptor Conservation, Neil Soares
Thanks, Mayur ji.